POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Dec 10, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #1,246 of 2,461
I checked just before 6:00pm and saw very soon. By the time I was done booking a flight and hotel for my Dad's funeral, the KOA were gone
frown.gif

That's two strikes. Bad news comes in three's - I wonder what #3 is gonna be.
confused.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 3:24 AM Post #1,247 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they were $795. i priced a regular koa darth with the same exact specs and the flame koa was about $160 more, which may or may not be a great deal. i haven't seen a regular koa so i can't compare, but the flame koa looks pretty sweet. should arrive sometime later this week but alas, i am away 'til next monday so i'll have to wait a week to hear them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I'll be in San Francisco when my Bloodwood DBv3 arrive, but my son promises to listen to them real good till I get back Sunday. If the flame koa deal was under $800 I was gonna do it, and just sell the Bloodwood V3. I've kept the deal page open for the past week, clicking refresh 20-30 times a day.

Enjoy them. You only live once.

Dec 10, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #1,249 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I shouldn't be posting when I'm this bummed - just bums everyone out with me.

Your account icon is enough to cheer me up!

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #1,251 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have bought a bunch of Koa from Hawaii because it is one of my favorite woods. I purchase it direct from a guy that works at a saw mill for $20 a board foot. That's non-figured to highly figured instrument grade. Of course it comes in logs that I have to cut. The same wood cut sells from about $50-$120 a board foot in Hawaiian lumber stores depending on the grade. Never priced it mainland but I am sure it's more expensive.

Those do look great. Congrats.

I do wish he would use wood supplied from customers. I have some very nice Koa that would look super sweet. I guess I just need to learn to turn.

i love koa, too...i have a couple of koa ukuleles my mom's friend made and they're beautiful...i would have bought a koa guitar but like the sound of mahogany better. like everything else, buying "raw" is cheaper, but i'd gladly pay for the skilled labor to make a great-looking and sounding product. i'm sure these will look that much better in person, too...can't wait!

Quote:

Yeah, I'll be in San Francisco when my Bloodwood DBv3 arrive, but my son promises to listen to them real good till I get back Sunday. If the flame koa deal was under $800 I was gonna do it, and just sell the Bloodwood V3. I've kept the deal page open for the past week, clicking refresh 20-30 times a day.

Enjoy them. You only live once.

i was lucky to get them. i'd been checking quite regularly, too, but was away all day today visiting a family member in the hospital. as soon as i got to my mom's i refreshed, saw the price, and shot larry an email. thought for sure i was too late...

Quote:

yeah, Yoda is fo' shizzle

very cool yoda is!

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #1,252 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...i was lucky to get them. i'd been checking quite regularly, too, but was away all day today visiting a family member in the hospital. as soon as i got to my mom's i refreshed, saw the price, and shot larry an email. thought for sure i was too late...

Anyone willing to take a chance of missing the deal 13, so they can visit family in the hospital, deserves to win the bid.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #1,254 of 2,461
The Koa Darth Beyers I ordered in September arrived today and I just took a few pics of them. It's tough to take good pics indoors at night without a flash but I did my best. My Headphile-recabled DT880s made another appearance here too.

2104897630_accc2d0c41_o.jpg

2104897386_23dab29097_o.jpg

2104897150_a6837e79da_o.jpg

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #1,255 of 2,461
Is that the color they look in person?
I've never seen Koa with such a yellow tone of color.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #1,257 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that the color they look in person?
I've never seen Koa with such a yellow tone of color.

I'm not that great a photographer yet, but that's more or less what they look like. They are quite shiny and change colour a fair bit depending on the lighting. I think they look pretty good in person.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #1,258 of 2,461
Stunning!
smily_headphones1.gif
I love the yellowish tint, which is why I ordered Maple Flame.
biggrin.gif

My God the wait is driving me nuts....
Larry would be manufacturing my Darths somewhere this week based on the batch dates he has on his main page. I'm going mad checking my email every few hours expecting to get an email from him with pics of my DBs... LOL
tongue.gif

Everyone here in this thread who said the wait will become unbearable in the last week or so was absolutely right !! AAaaaargghhhh!
eek.gif

*paces up and down room impatiently*
tongue.gif

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #1,259 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not that great a photographer yet, but that's more or less what they look like. They are quite shiny and change colour a fair bit depending on the lighting. I think they look pretty good in person.

I know what you mean. Wood can certainly take on different colors in different lights.

That's interesting how it uses the headband pieces from the DT770 2005 edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back