POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Sep 10, 2007 at 11:38 AM Post #736 of 2,461
I wanted to buy them and missed the price hit the page altogether. They were priced and sold during the afternoon USA time. It took all of 10 minutes for them to go a fellow in Salt Lake City. There were a number of people ready to buy them - it was all a matter of timing.

Sep 16, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #737 of 2,461
Hello there,

I recently ordered a nice piece of claro walnut burl, a very figured piece. The blank was 9x9x3". Todd suggested a headphone stand so I did it, later might be grado cups if I find another interesting piece. This is my second wood project and it was fun as hell! The finished piece for the base is about 8.5x6x1.5" I used oil to really keep the natural look of the wood. The pipe cap is pretty big 2.5" x 2".

I had a hard time finding the finish I wanted for the pipes, after wasting about 4 pipes assembly I decided to sand with a 400 sand paper those pipe and applied a teak/tung oil on it and I got the same finish as my wood, nice glossy finish. Paint wasn't for me!

So here is a few pictures with the Darth's and my leather zebrafied 325i.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Charles

stand.jpg

grain-1.jpg

cap.jpg

Sep 16, 2007 at 1:57 PM Post #740 of 2,461
Excellent work indeed!!!!!

Sep 17, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #741 of 2,461
GreatDane: I love those Grado's as much as I like my Darth's the improvement is big. Mostly in the soundstage is MUCH better, also much more "airyness" and bass impact, the mids/high are mellower with all the details.
smily_headphones1.gif

Todd: I have came across this piece on eBay.. if I get lucky and I find a huge wenge piece I might consider doing it. The wood for this stand cost me around 50$ including shipping.. and considering the time (I am not sure yet if I would even find the time..) I am pretty much busy 70 hours a week and when I can't sleep I do these things. :p

Skylab: Thank you very much!
smily_headphones1.gif

Charles

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #744 of 2,461
scubadiver, these look great. Maybe even better with black leather pads, but this is a matter of taste,

Mine are still in customs.... Nine days already..hate the waiting...

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:13 AM Post #745 of 2,461
Sep 22, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #746 of 2,461
And they sure are beautiful!

Sep 22, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #749 of 2,461
Guys, I'm planning on getting a Darth soon(damn, you guys are influential AND evil), and I was wondering if there are any more maple Darths out there besides the ONE that was posted here?

mapleflament0.jpg

I need to see more examples of maple ones.
frown.gif

I'm torn between Maple and Zebra wood.... I'm going for a closed V3 btw.
basshead.gif
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

Nice black darth BTW. Now that deserves to be called DARTH.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back