POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Aug 17, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #691 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoppergrass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got these in this week. V3O Cocobolo with 2M blackmax. still breaking in but i thought i'd post a pic.

Congratulations!

I like the lay-out of the wood-grain on the closed Cocobolo; looks like an open highway...very inviting to say the least.

Aug 18, 2007 at 10:07 AM Post #692 of 2,461
Quote:

just got these in this week. V3O Cocobolo with 2M blackmax. still breaking in but i thought i'd post a pic.
dscf0152um7.jpg

dscf0153bm5.jpg

Hooper, very nice looking Cocobolo you've got there. Is it just me or do you guys think the wood grain look a little like Morado Rosewood.....

Aug 18, 2007 at 1:06 PM Post #693 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cocobolo... do you guys think the wood grain look a little like Morado Rosewood.....

I've seen a lot of woods that have a grain pattern like that particular piece. I actually have a piece of cheap maple that has a very similar grain pattern.

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #696 of 2,461
Quote:

with the closed pair there is a slight difference in sound with the leather, nothing too major but it seems to me that the bass may be a little punchier. and i also seem to notice slightly more isolation, but like i said, it's nothing too major at all.

Agreed regarding leather on closed Darths. I actually think that the bass is a bit tighter with th velour albeit not quite as strong. Leather definitely isolates more. I've been on velour all summer but come winter, I expect to switch to my nice new black leather pads (thanks Todd).

Aug 18, 2007 at 3:54 PM Post #698 of 2,461
Ah, I see the electrical tape you use GreatDane. That is very hard to notice, it blends right in.

I'm always amazed at how much a difference there is between planks of padauk. I see yours is more orangeish, where mine is more of a darker red.

Aug 18, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #701 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by iozz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I completely miss the beautiful ones that were on the Deal page for some days
frown.gif
Does someone know how much they were?

I was wondering what those went for my self. Did anyone see what the posting price was at least?

Aug 25, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #703 of 2,461
Hello there,

I wanted c-pads for my Grado's but I wanted zebrawood specifically. Because they had to match the Darth's. So I contacted Larry to see the availability of the wood and it wasn't available.

So after looking at a few c-pads pictures I decided to make some myself. This is my first wood project ever. I wanted a design made from only zebrawood.

So I borrowed my dad his router made a prototype of plywood, the result was positive. So I went and bought the wood and after a few hours of work I find the result very satisfying, there is a few burn marks that I couldn't sand off but still looks really nice through the coating of varnish.

Hey, that cost me nearly nothing aside from the wood, I even had a set of pads laying around and I have learned something, good stuff!
very_evil_smiley.gif

EDIT: I might as well make some rod tips later.

Charles

darthzebraandgradozebra.jpg

big.jpg

inside.jpg

Aug 25, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #704 of 2,461
So weird, but so cool. The gold kind of clashes with the wood I think. But other than that those are some of the coolest Darth Grados I've ever seen, if you can truly call it that, I'm still not sure what to think.

Aug 25, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #705 of 2,461
In regard to the open 3-wood Darths sale - I saw the price. It was either $825 or $895. Sorry, didn't make a point to write it down. A lot of $ and sold anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back