POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Jul 19, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #646 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I really like Larry's dyed black pads. No doubt these are not the dark as night black pads that come from Beyer (for example with my Manufacture DT880s). Rather Larry's dyeing of the white pads has a distinctly brownish black hue. It goes great with my wenge darths too.

Oooh, I was wondering why they were different to my DT250 black pads.

Jul 19, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #647 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooh, I was wondering why they were different to my DT250 black pads.

Well I suppose I should come clean on the fact that I am just assuming that Larry is dyeing them. But I can think of no other explanation. They're genuine Beyer DT770 velour pads (which are entirely diifferent than Beyer DT880 velour pads; the DT770 pads are stiffer and isolate). They aren't the Beyer manufacture 'black as night' - a very cold tone - but rather look like what would happen if you apply black dye to original white pads. There is a hint of dark brown warmth in the black tone that should go well with just about any wood.

No doubt, I like them a lot with wenge - and in the summer I like velour on my Darths.

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #648 of 2,461
Speaking of 'not pure black', boy was I wrong about Ebony. At least with Gabon Ebony, it's anything but a boring solid colour. I think that the medium-deep cup Darths about to pop on Larry site are very cool. Wild (there's nothing tame about combining Gabon Ebony and Zebra) but definitely cool.

Jul 19, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #649 of 2,461
As I'm moving to the dark side and I have to wait (the wait ..the wait..) another 8 weeks for the actual transition, I'm still looking for some pics (beside the one Larry posted on his website) of Ebony Darth Beyers.

Anyone?

Jul 20, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #650 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Mrarroyo,

Mine are open Padauks'. 2m Blackmax terminated to a mini. With black pads.

(although in real life the wood is a deeper and more complex colour, plus the pads strangely have a slight 'browny' hue, which fits into the whole look more).

Very nice, if you ever decide to sell them or if you want to trade let me know.

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:21 AM Post #651 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice, if you ever decide to sell them or if you want to trade let me know.

smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for the offer. Im currently burning them in (only listened for few minutes so far before any burn in), I hope they open up as a lot of people on here say.

Jul 21, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #655 of 2,461
Quote:

Okay, fess up please. Someone grabbed the medium-deep cup Gabon Ebony and Zebra Darths. Those are amazing.

You think so? The zebra just didn't seem to go with the ebony that well, for me at least.

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #656 of 2,461
The Zebra and Ebony look really nice on its own but together...Hmmmm, not too sure about that. The only thing I'd say it this - the pics never do justice to the real thing. So although the pics look IMO, kinda funny, I'm sure they look stunning in real life
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #657 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You think so? The zebra just didn't seem to go with the ebony that well, for me at least.

No doubt, they're radical. But I think they're pretty cool.

Since I already own Wenge, Gabon Ebony has now joined Morada Bolivian Rosewood as the leading potential woodies for my next Darths - way down the road, I should add, and probably something I will snap up from the Deals page (or perhaps used). I really like dark wood. (Not surpisingly, Towert, you like red.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Jul 21, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #658 of 2,461
Quote:

Okay, fess up please. Someone grabbed the medium-deep cup Gabon Ebony and Zebra Darths. Those are amazing.

Identify yourself and take a bow.

x2; which deal number were those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back