Post pics of your builds....
Sep 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #9,301 of 9,811
  :frowning2:

Good nonetheless.

Thanks.  Its strange that sometimes you take a picture and it looks so much better than it actually is and other times it just looks so much worse.  Both are a bit misleading but still.  And every once in a while it looks exactly like it is supposed to.  
  It is beautiful. With those feet, it looks like a ballerina ready to dance :)

I wish it would dance for me... that would be awesome.  thanks though.  I think it looks like it could take off anytime and fly away.  
biggrin.gif

Sep 8, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #9,302 of 9,811
  Thanks.  Its strange that sometimes you take a picture and it looks so much better than it actually is and other times it just looks so much worse.  Both are a bit misleading but still.  And every once in a while it looks exactly like it is supposed to.  

Well the good thing is you can still sand it down light and apply the same branded spray but in gloss lacquer. It's when you cross-mix different branded paints/sprays it messes things up due to the incompatibility of the paint molecules and dye/mixture rates so you get a washy look to it, or at worst, peeling/flaking and it doesn't stick onto the old surface despite preparations already been met.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #9,303 of 9,811
  Well pictures of the finished product if you ever do build the speakers would be much appreciated 
evil_smiley.gif
.  Ya I love working with wood as well but right now I am in an apartment so I don't have all the right equipment 
frown.gif
.  I wish I was back at home with my saws and drills.

GAME ON!

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 9, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #9,309 of 9,811
  Very nice Avro_Arrow, looks like a room with a lot of potential. You might need a few things in there to break up reflections...

My home theatre:-

w

Yes, the room is pretty lively at the moment...it will tame down somewhat after we get some furniture in there.
I've been listening to headphones for so long now, I forgot just how good a half a kilowatt of power sounds...

Cheers!

Sep 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #9,313 of 9,811
  Tha amp itself is basically two modified diamond buffers stuck together. Due to low psrr it needs extremely clean juice therefore quad shuntregged PSU's are a must. 2/3 of the board are taken up by the PSU's. The real ising on the cake is the current feedback loop - not many audio amplifiers use this.

I must correct you a bit:

The amp consists of a current feedback amp buffered with a diamond buffer. The power supply is not a shunt regulator. It's a series regulator with "Super Regulator" topology.

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #9,314 of 9,811
  I must correct you a bit:

The amp consists of a current feedback amp buffered with a diamond buffer. The power supply is not a shunt regulator. It's a series regulator with "Super Regulator" topology.

Many thanks! I thoroughly enjoyed the build and even more - the way the amp performs. The soldering part wasn't too hard - about six hours in total without rushing. 0805 parts actually are pretty big and quite easy to handle. Unless you accidentally don't drop something on the carpet whilst peeling off the tape off the reels.

One thing tho - why did you choose to use smd electrolytic capacitors? Weren't through-hole parts as good? I'm asking because those were most likely the trickiest to solder.

And good luck with the PSU group buy! Too bad I don't really have anything to power right now!

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #9,315 of 9,811

Many thanks! I thoroughly enjoyed the build and even more - the way the amp performs. The soldering part wasn't too hard - about six hours in total without rushing. 0805 parts actually are pretty big and quite easy to handle. Unless you accidentally don't drop something on the carpet whilst peeling off the tape off the reels.

One thing tho - why did you choose to use smd electrolytic capacitors? Weren't through-hole parts as good? I'm asking because those were most likely the trickiest to solder.

And good luck with the PSU group buy! Too bad I don't really have anything to power right now!

I laid down six 0805's about an hour ago.
I am so glad they are inexpensive.  I double my order because my hands shake badly. 
Today I was sneezing.

They all look nice though.  It's the DAP on an LT3080 regulator that give me problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back