Post pics of your builds....
Sep 4, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #9,287 of 9,811
I really like the wood finish on that. Mind sharing what you used?

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #9,288 of 9,811
  I really like the wood finish on that. Mind sharing what you used?

Ya I used this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BZZ3GK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It took 3 coats of the finish to get the color I wanted though.  3 thick coats that is.  Until than looks brown.  

Very Nice

Thanks 
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #9,290 of 9,811
  Get that polyutherane on. Then it will be boss.

I will post pictures once I am done with the final product.  
biggrin.gif
.  Also put vibration isolation feet on there so it looks a bit different already.

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #9,291 of 9,811
Early build of another project from the anime thread. In its current state it's caseless....and battery-less since I didn't have a 9 V battery lying around....and the leads stick out all over the place like a skeleton's ribcage because I didn't have my zero-clearance cutters with me.

It's not bad. I can't recall what my Tangentsoft CMoy sounds like since its potentiometer died a long time ago (soldering failure), but it has a nice warm sound to it and the soundstage is pretty natural-sounding (decent depth and width).

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #9,295 of 9,811
Alright guys I have an update on the bottlehead SEX.  I finished putting lacquer on it and also got new tubes and vibration isolation feet.  
And this is the final product.  Well I might change some caps and pots but for now.

Also a specail thanks to Sceleratus

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #9,298 of 9,811
  My gawd...that is probably the most beautiful-looking amp I've run across in the Head-Fi realm. Sweet, sweet honey.
eek.gif

Thank you 
biggrin.gif
.  It sounds good too.
beyersmile.png

Not bad, you need 6-8 more coats to get more shine and really reveal those grains.

its not a gloss finish its satin so it won't shine much more than that.  Also the grain shows a lot more when I am not taking photos of it 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back