Post pics of your builds....
Oct 21, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #7,396 of 9,811

Quote:
Ferrari, may I where did you get those cool spiky feet?

[size=x-small]I have those feet from a local DIY-speakers shop, where also accessories for turntable and speakers are available.[/size]
[size=x-small]You should have to take a look at a good audio shop locally, there must be something useful for our DIY hobby.[/size]

Oct 21, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #7,397 of 9,811
cheers ferrari.

The amp sounds STUNNING. I have never heard my HD 650's sound so good. Most of this has to be put down to Jack's customer Electraprint transformers - but the D3a certainly does its part.

Schematic is here

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #7,398 of 9,811
Quote:
[size=x-small]I have those feet from a local DIY-speakers shop, where also accessories for turntable and speakers are available.[/size]
[size=x-small]You should have to take a look at a good audio shop locally, there must be something useful for our DIY hobby.[/size]

[size=medium][size=13.0px]Your a lucky man Ferrari, I live on another planet, the local audio shop dealer told me these were all the rage. [/size][/size] 

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #7,399 of 9,811

Quote:
I have been busy building a parafeed amp using d3a tubes, electraprint custom transformers. Its a two chassis build. CLCRC PS, CCS loading on the d3a, led bias, Tx tapped for 32r, 300r, 600r. DC filaments.... the parts cost a bit!

It's all Greek to me...
wink_face.gif

Great job!

Oct 21, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #7,401 of 9,811
Joshatdot CMoy v1.03
OPA2227P
C1=220uf
C2=1.0uf Metal Poly
VG=TLE2426
R2=100k
R3=2k
R4=10k
R5=49.9

Oct 22, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #7,404 of 9,811

Quote:
It's all Greek to me...
wink_face.gif

Great job!

the amps name comes from... In Greek mythology, Calliope (Greek: Καλλιόπη Kalliope "beautiful-voiced")
and power supply ....Kratos (Ancient Greek: Κράτος "strength" and "power"

Quote:
Adam, your build looks incredible, you do wonderful work. Congrats!

Thanks John - I may be emulating your hybrid power amp soon. next 'from the ground up' project for sure.

back to the parafeed amp, i am shortly going to recieve some very inexpensive edcor 10K : 300r : 32r parafeed tx's. I'll do some comparisons, I expect the electraprints to be considerable better given others experiences but lets see how far they get.

I'll do a cheapo version, 6c45 rusky tubes, Edcor tx, basic mkp parafeed caps, CCS using much more common and less expensive parts (probably the morgan jones cascode), solid state rectified, ac heaters, but i may throw in a regulated B+ to help it along

Oct 23, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #7,405 of 9,811

Quote:

The amp sounds STUNNING. I have never heard my HD 650's sound so good. Most of this has to be put down to Jack's customer Electraprint transformers - but the D3a certainly does its part.

[size=x-small]Good to know you like it. And indeed, OPTs can certainly make or break the sound of an amp.[/size]
[size=x-small]The only nasty thing about good OPTs (especially custom made) is that they can really hurt your wallet. [/size]
[size=x-small]I recently got a couple of OPTs with amorphous core & silver wires for my next project…
redface.gif
[/size]

[size=x-small]Distracted by crazy work schedule, but this weekend I just have the time to evaluate my new amp with different headphones. [/size]
[size=x-small]All-round, she does her work very well and even the AKG K1000 can be driven easily without any audible distortion or shortage.[/size]

Oct 23, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #7,409 of 9,811
Function over form, this is switchbox, take-2.

Since I was waiting for paint to dry (literally), I figured I would finish the update of my switchbox that has been staring me from my workbench for what seems like forever. This is take two, three switched in with three daisy-chained outputs. 

Humble, but matches my mighty Millet setup and fills a much needed role. 

This time I switched the grounds as well, mainly because I could. Not sure if I like it as much in that there is a slight pop when a new ground reference is established. That never happened with the old version which had a common ground. So, I might change that, we shall see.

Hope to have something far more interesting soon...

Oct 23, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #7,410 of 9,811

Quote:
[size=x-small]You are more than welcome for a listen session (if you are in the neighborhood), but I prefer to keep my amp.
wink.gif
[/size]

Thanks, if I ever make it back to Holland I will look you up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back