Post pics of your builds....
Oct 16, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #7,366 of 9,811
@  nikongod

Great job, I always love your work, but you forgot the blue tape...
BTW, I didn't see any store bought phono stage in your post...

Oct 16, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #7,367 of 9,811
I have 2 old Radio Shack phono stages, and 1 DIY phono stage. 

The DIY is based on a combination of the "front end" of the phonoclone - an inverting opamp to provide a very low input impedance and a boatload of gain, combined with an opamp passive-RIAA phono stage (single stage RIAA, NOT split RIAA). The thing is quite nice, but a bit noisy. 

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #7,368 of 9,811
After many months, I finally had the time to finish up my CK2III-Gamma2 build.  The Gamma2 is power by the o24 power supply.  A Lorlin rotary switch allows for selection between two sets of RCA inputs and the Gamma2.  Both units are packaged up in a Hifi2000 case.

Next up, finish my balanced EHHA/o22 dual chassis build...

Now a few pictures:

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #7,369 of 9,811
absolutely gorgeous.

Oct 16, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #7,371 of 9,811
Thanks John.

It was kind of the "learning build" for what I was planning to do with my EHHA build.  Few things worked well, and a few things I'm going to do differently.  All around, I'm pleased with how it turned out!  Sounds great too.

Oct 19, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #7,372 of 9,811
wow super jealous of this thing! I want to build one now.

Quote:
Here are a few long overdue pictures of my β24 amplifier. I am currently feeding it with my Buffalo32S DAC into a pair of BG Z-1 bookshelf speakers. It sounds absolutely fantastic. It has taken every speaker load I have thrown at it without a hiccup. I am looking forward to many, many years of enjoyment out of this amplifier.

I swear the wire management doesn't look this bad in person...
dscn0427o.jpg

Oct 19, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #7,374 of 9,811
Ferrari, I know it has been said before, but your builds are among the most beautiful I have ever seen, on the inside and the out. Not to mention, the volume control on that amp is totally badass. Bravo!

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #7,376 of 9,811
[size=x-small]Thanks gents![/size]

[size=x-small]The chassis is my own design and made by Schaeffer AG Germany (FPE in Europe).[/size]
[size=x-small]I wanted some thing flat and also has the dimensions I need (300mm x 300mm x 36mm internal).[/size]
[size=x-small]It made from aluminum with some stiffener inside, also serves as heatsink for the current regulators (CCS).[/size]

[size=x-small]There are some well-known manufactures in Europe with nice chassis/enclosures but [/size]
[size=x-small]just not the dimensions I have in mind (too small or too wide…).[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back