Post pics of your builds....
Aug 8, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #7,143 of 9,811
Looks awesome John!
Great to hear that your getting that board sorted.

Aug 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #7,144 of 9,811
Cmoy inside a Zippo.
Emptied on the Zippo, drilled out the tube, that holds the flint, with a 5mm drill. A LED will be looking out of that hole.

Then I measured the inside and made a PCB. I'm not very satisfied with it as the press-and-peel transfer film moved under the iron. But it wasn't bad enough to do it again. Besides I ran out of etching solution. Holes are drilled with a power drill
tongue_smile.gif

It fits inside with almost 8mm of space above it. Which is good, as the highest component is 7.5mm tall.

The power will come from a female USB A jack that will be sitting inside the flame tower (or whatever it's called). Wires will be running through the wick hole. Power will be split by TLE2426 transistor and I will be running a low power op-amp with a minimal voltage of +/- 2V. Input and output jack will be Pro-signal MX-387GL that will be under the Zippo. I will have to drill two holes in the underside on the Zippo casing.

I'm still waiting for the parts, should have them by the end of the week. Will post pics when it's done.

BTW this is my fourth project. First was a big Cmoy that was clipping hard, second a Fulltone OCD guitar pedal clone and third was a Looper pedal. I don't have pictures of the Looper, but the first two are here...

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #7,146 of 9,811

Quote:
Cmoy inside a Zippo.
Emptied on the Zippo, drilled out the tube, that holds the flint, with a 5mm drill. A LED will be looking out of that hole.

Then I measured the inside and made a PCB. I'm not very satisfied with it as the press-and-peel transfer film moved under the iron. But it wasn't bad enough to do it again. Besides I ran out of etching solution. Holes are drilled with a power drill
tongue_smile.gif

It fits inside with almost 8mm of space above it. Which is good, as the highest component is 7.5mm tall.

The power will come from a female USB A jack that will be sitting inside the flame tower (or whatever it's called). Wires will be running through the wick hole. Power will be split by TLE2426 transistor and I will be running a low power op-amp with a minimal voltage of +/- 2V. Input and output jack will be Pro-signal MX-387GL that will be under the Zippo. I will have to drill two holes in the underside on the Zippo casing.

I'm still waiting for the parts, should have them by the end of the week. Will post pics when it's done.

BTW this is my fourth project. First was a big Cmoy that was clipping hard, second a Fulltone OCD guitar pedal clone and third was a Looper pedal. I don't have pictures of the Looper, but the first two are here...

that Zippo CMOY rulz!!!!  A+++++.  please post pics when finished.  i wish i had thought of it.  your etching looks awesome!  where does the battery fit?

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #7,151 of 9,811
I finished my CK2III build a few weeks ago, and finally got the chance to upload some pics. No pics of it powered on, but when it is, there is an orange glow around the perimeter of the volume knob, and the dot on the knob that indicates position also lights up orange. The front panel is 10mm thick, and the rear panel is 6mm thick. Thanks to Front Panel Express for the milling. I will try to get picks of the glow later.

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #7,153 of 9,811

Quote:
I finished my CK2III build a few weeks ago, and finally got the chance to upload some pics. No pics of it powered on, but when it is, there is an orange glow around the perimeter of the volume knob, and the dot on the knob that indicates position also lights up orange. The front panel is 10mm thick, and the rear panel is 6mm thick. Thanks to Front Panel Express for the milling. I will try to get picks of the glow later.

I must ask. What is the corner radius of the TRS jack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back