Post pics of your builds....
Jun 3, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #7,036 of 9,811
But that's the good part of the community (self policing) and you can count on me actively discouraging actions like this.

Quote:
Quote:

He also has to have trademarked the name to sue over that as well. Apart from the community frowning upon it and discouraging people against it, there is pretty much nothing you can do about it

Jun 5, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #7,037 of 9,811

Quote:
A Broskie PS-2 HV power supply, 276VDC.. intended for the AIkido which I have decided not to build. So this tested PSU will go into the projects box for a future tube hybrid build. 
wink.gif

[size=x-small]Sachu, perfboard is fun… isn’t it ?[/size]

Jun 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #7,041 of 9,811

Quote:

I noticed you've only placed the components, how long do you think it'll take to solder that beast?

[size=x-small]Actually, the ±18V power supply (from the orange Sikorels to the right of the pic) is already up and running.[/size]
[size=x-small]I have indeed to solder the remaining part … a 3-channel fully discrete amp, some parts are not placed on board yet. [/size]
[size=x-small]Not sure how long it takes but most likely hours and hours of fun.
smily_headphones1.gif
[/size]

Quote:

After you place the resistors and such in the perfboard, how do you solder them without flipping the board and having them all fall out?

[size=x-small]I have placed the most parts on their positions (as I have in mind) to determine how the amp will look like as a whole, space needed…[/size]

[size=x-small]Then all the bigger/higher parts will be taken off the board and the resistors will be soldered first while the board is flipped up side down. [/size][size=x-small]A piece of carton taped on the board, on top of the resistors (to create a sandwich of perfboard-resistors-carton) will keep the resistors on their place. The bigger/higher parts (IC sockets, transistors, film caps, outputs devices/heatsinks) will follow later.[/size]

Quote:
hehe..its not too bad...kinda fun..probably going to P2P a Bijou for the PSU.

Nice work there Ferrari..where did you source the black perf board from..its sweet.

[size=x-small]I like black, so I just "paint it black".
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #7,044 of 9,811
Some pics of a 4 board beta22 and dual sigma22 in progress:

The build was fairly uneventful.  All boards powered up on the first try and I was able to dial in all the adjustments pretty easily.  I am just waiting to receive a few panel connectors and the chassis and then I'll be able to have the front and rear panels machined and finish it up.  Note the flux has not been yet been removed in the pictures.

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #7,048 of 9,811
This isn't an audio device, but it will help me when I am making audio devices and I thought I'd share anyway.
I was looking at getting an extractor fan for soldering, but the ones at Jaycar and Altronics cost at least $80. I thought I could do better.
I got some filter foam from Clark Rubber, repurposed an old computer PSU (I was going to use the existing power supply, but opted instead to put together a really simple linear supply with parts I already had, which takes up a LOT less space).

Here's the inside mid-construction:

And the completed extractor in use:

Jun 13, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #7,050 of 9,811
Regal, I told you so
ksc75smile.gif
 It goes to show how important clean PS to the clocks are. Have you tried other non LiFePO4 batteries
popcorn.gif
?

Now try substituting a battery for the 3.3V on-board regulator - another jump in sound - not as big a jump but noticeable, nonetheless! Not surprising as the CPLD I/O banks are powered by this 3.3V & they handle the clock muxing & buffering.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back