Post pics of your builds....
Oct 25, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #5,912 of 9,811
The amp was built from scraps so to speak, hence reused chassis (notice the extra holes inside the amp) and yes, the multiple transformers. It does make fitting a delay timer for the tubes a bit easier but this layout just fitted the chassis I had at hand. I have a whole pile of KGSS/BH parts here and though it was about time I cased one up to make it presentable so I gutted my first KGSS to fit this instead. I had the amp PCB's made and got the PSU board from Headamp.

Oct 26, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #5,913 of 9,811
Got a bit of work to do still since there is a bit of visible oscillation, probably more aggressive grid stoppers, but it is functioning and sounding quite good. Currently set up to use E810F/7788, though it can and will be modified to run some D3A, just to try it out. Custom 7200:32ohm 2w ungapped Electra-print OPTs, 5.6uf ICW ClarityCap SA parafeed coupling caps, Pimm Self Biased Cascoded MOSFET plate loads, OPT wired for Western Electric connection (bottom returned directly to cathode), and 75ohm unbypassed cathode bias resistor. This is based off dsavitsk's ongoing l'espressivo project.
spudin2.jpg

spudrig.jpg

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #5,919 of 9,811
Oct 28, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #5,925 of 9,811
thanks everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcalf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stunning build mate!
I really like the hard-wired Sigma22, not sure why.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for sharing.

it's cheaper
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back