Post pics of your builds....
May 6, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #4,951 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baird GoW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im a little confused it looks like you have only 1 ground cable to only one of the rca plugs. Is this correct.

Yep, only one ground cable. The chrome finish makes the entire chassis thing conductive so the second RCA jack grounds to the "chassis".

Standard RCA jack size.

May 6, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #4,952 of 9,811
ahh i see

May 6, 2009 at 10:07 PM Post #4,953 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by danobeavis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ipod dock made from junk bin bits:

http://www.beavishifi.com/projects/M...dock_3_300.jpg

http://www.beavishifi.com/projects/M...dock_4_300.jpg

Whoaaa dude! You should make those commercially! It looks too awesome for words to describe it
eek.gif

May 7, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #4,955 of 9,811
Well it's finally finished...five years after I first started. It is an original Millett Hybrid, from back in 2002. There was a short on the board that I couldn't locate so I threw it in a box and put it in a closet for five years. I finally dug it out and it was Nikongod who saved the day. He is the one who found the short and actually built the board, I just cased the thing up (Your the man Nikongod!). I've never really built much of anything before so building the case and troubleshooting the darn thing was a real learning experience. Now....where do I sign up for another crack at it....

EDIT: Sorry about the crappy pics...I'm no photographer.

amp006.jpg

Just got to find a better knob

amp005.jpg

That hole is a finger hole to pull the top up, along with providing a little ventilation.

amp003.jpg

Those two black circles on the corner posts are magnets, they have partners in the top and together they keep everything nice and snug.

Thanks to everyone on Headfi who helped me build this thing; couldn't of done it without you.

Colin

May 8, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #4,958 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by smegger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing too exciting just a little switch box i made up so i can switch between my alien and an external output and between my soon to be cased millet max and my speakers.

IMG_4851.jpg

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4847.jpg

Nothing too exciting but my millet will hopefully look pretty cool soon as i can afford the panels for it!

Nice idea. What are you using for the actual switches?

jk

May 8, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #4,959 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sync /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it's finally finished...five years after I first started. It is an original Millett Hybrid, from back in 2002.

Thanks to everyone on Headfi who helped me build this thing; couldn't of done it without you.
Colin

Great to see you persevered with it and got it finished. How does it sound?

May 8, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #4,960 of 9,811
Quote:

Great to see you persevered with it and got it finished. How does it sound?

Sounds great to me. No hum or noise anywhere and I love what it does to my music but my entire "hifi" audio experience could probably be compressed to about 20 hours of listening; experienced my ears are not.

May 8, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #4,961 of 9,811
X2.. billiant idea..

Quote:

Originally Posted by chobint /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, very cool. By far my favorite DIY dock I've seen on here.

May 9, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #4,962 of 9,811
This came out very neat TPA6111A2 in a Hammond box

The hammond case is neat and very sturdy
CIMG3753Large.jpg

CIMG3741Large.jpg

Not bad for a home made board
normal_smile .gif

CIMG3736Large.jpg

CIMG3728Large.jpg

CIMG3732Large.jpg

I tucked the input and gain resistors under the DIP8 board and use 1/8 watt metal film to make them fit
I like it it feels good
icon10.gif

Thanks for looking
FRED

May 9, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #4,963 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what next? a cmoy in a mcdonalds/burgerking whopper box?

wink.gif
wink.gif

PICT0887.jpg

May 9, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #4,965 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PJ I'm thinking of building a NOVO myself but I have never done anything like that before? You think I could manage in making my very first amp?

I assume that you've seen my build thread? If not, take a look here. If you are uncertain of your soldering skills, I'd recommend buying a cheap electronics kits from Maplins to hone your skills. But yes. With basic soldering skills, attention to detail and a little care and patience and I would have thought most people would be able to complete the kit.

Whether it is the best kit for a beginner, I don't know. I built Tangent's variant of the CMoy as my first "kit". I found this quite difficult as the tracks/pads on the protoboard are pretty close. I also used a part silver solder which was too tricky for me as an absolute beginner. For the Novo I went for a tin/lead (63/37) mix....much easy to work with than the silver stuff!

The build thread for my Tangent CMoy can be seen here.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back