Post pics of your builds....
Oct 26, 2008 at 12:08 PM Post #3,737 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by cobaltmute /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I put 2x OPA227 into my first cmoy and then put OPA2227/OPA227 into my Pimeta. When I put an OPA2107 in to replace the OPA2227, I've been amazed.

I found this list but you always have to weight someone comments with compared to your own impression of the same op-amps.

thanks

The OPA2107 is too unforgiving due to it's high voltage requirements.

I'm looking for a single 9V solution, which apparently, not many opamps give that kind of luxury.

Oct 26, 2008 at 1:45 PM Post #3,738 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzeYang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks

The OPA2107 is too unforgiving due to it's high voltage requirements.

I'm looking for a single 9V solution, which apparently, not many opamps give that kind of luxury.

I forget about that. My CMOY is 2x9v and my Pimeta is 12xAAA

Oct 26, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #3,740 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by ls206 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice going linuxworks, how does it sound?

no real complaints so far
wink.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #3,743 of 9,811
DaMnEd -

Looks great. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I just finished a Mini3 myself. And I have a couple of questions (PMing them to you).

Regards,

Oct 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #3,746 of 9,811
advice on those shadows:

1) remove lens hood or shade
2) step back more and use the lens zoom feature to get closer. that way you let more light in and let the camera block light LESS
3) don't use flash. use a tripod and put the camera on self-timer to get a clean shot.
4) process 'the rest' out using some kind of shadow/highlight tool (most photo editors have something that does this)

hth.

Oct 27, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #3,747 of 9,811
Thanks guys,

I didn't pay much attention/care to the shots (obviously :p), didn't use a SLR btw, just a Canon SX110 (serves me well just the same
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Next project will be the MiniMAX, I'll post a few shots as I'm building and when finished, I promise better ones!
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #3,748 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMnEd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks guys,

I didn't pay much attention/care to the shots (obviously :p), didn't use a SLR btw, just a Canon SX110 (serves me well just the same
smily_headphones1.gif
).

Next project will the the MiniMAX, I'll post a few shots as I'm building and when finished, I promise better ones!
biggrin.gif

I have the S3IS, its half-sibling those cameras are like mini SLRs with how their flashes pop up over the thing itself, you should be able to get comparable shots at full zoom and about 36' away with less lens shadow, they are practically like slrs, the flash pops up lower, and the lens is a little shorter.

Nice shots never the less.

Oct 28, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #3,750 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no real complaints so far
wink.gif

been using the bantam dac the last few days.

I have not found a foolproof and easy way to disable windows kmixer and so I am not convinced I'm getting 'bit perfect' sound from this usb dac in xp. last time I tried removing kmixer, I borked my win-xp box's sound subsystem and it would never come back. it would see devices (like this) but some wdm middle layer is now gone and not (soon) coming back ;(

otoh, linux audio via usb is actually quite simple and good
wink.gif
no '48k rule' on linux like there is on windows so no fear of resampling 'because bill says so' (grin). I can trust the unix drivers not to fark with me (lol).

so I've been booting back to linux on my workstation just to test this dac out. its funny to see it keep coming up as 'burr-brown japan speakers' but that's how it id's itself to usb hosts
wink.gif

other than having a lower than normal line-out level (I bet its meant to be buffered?) I have no complaints about the hardware device. just beware that if you're listening to this via windows, you are probably NOT getting 'your bits worth' unless you really know windows kernel-audio (asio?) config magic and bypass kmixer. fwiw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back