Post pics of your builds....
Aug 12, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #2,386 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by rille2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my newest headphone amp:

Nice work, rille! Welcome to Head-Fi and congrats on this post! Beauty!

Aug 12, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #2,387 of 9,811
SOHA:
sohapw2.jpg

Built on perfboard, so it is easy for me to tweak component layout to fit the small case. The Hammond 1455L1202 is jam packed inside. Added tube LED and turn on delay relay. Transformer is in a separate, not-as-aesthetically-pleasing box, meant to be chucked under the table beside other wallwarts...

PIMETA:
pimetavh4.jpg

Using Hammond 1455J1202. Built in trickle charger.

Aug 13, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #2,388 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eokboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SOHA:
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1337/sohapw2.jpg
Built on perfboard, so it is easy for me to tweak component layout to fit the small case. The Hammond 1455L1202 is jam packed inside. Added tube LED and turn on delay relay. Transformer is in a separate, not-as-aesthetically-pleasing box, meant to be chucked under the table beside other wallwarts...

PIMETA:
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6595/pimetavh4.jpg
Using Hammond 1455J1202. Built in trickle charger.

So nice and Slim, inside pictures wanted
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #2,389 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by tess /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been building my Zippo Amps again, thought I would try and make it outwardly as neat as possible by getting rid of the Toggle switch and using the Alps RK097 On/Off volume pot that Tangent sells on his site.

I had the boards specially made up and are a double sided design curved on one corner so that they fit neatly into a Zippo or Altoids tin.

The original design is one Guzzler posted a while ago and I have altered a couple of times along the way.

Hi, could you supply a parts list for this amp? I am planning on making a cmoy at some point and it would be really useful.

I did have a look for Guzzler's post but couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #2,390 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by KerryKing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So nice and Slim, inside pictures wanted
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry I didn't get to take internal pics. Borrowed someone's camphone only for a short while.

All the B+ and voltage doubler 100uF 100V caps are soldered lying down, as well as the 1000uF rail and cathode bypass caps. At first I wanted to use taller 1455N, but it turns out the 30mm tall 1455L works out fine and is cheaper too.

Aug 14, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #2,391 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eokboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry I didn't get to take internal pics. Borrowed someone's camphone only for a short while.

All the B+ and voltage doubler 100uF 100V caps are soldered lying down, as well as the 1000uF rail and cathode bypass caps. At first I wanted to use taller 1455N, but it turns out the 30mm tall 1455L works out fine and is cheaper too.

To bad, would have been nice to view
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds like a tight fit and a nice piece of work
smily_headphones1.gif

/Erik

Aug 16, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #2,392 of 9,811
CKIII-finished.jpg

It's the CK2-III

I really wanted to build something, I haven't done anything with DIY audio in a long, long time. But I didn't want to design it myself and I also wanted a discrete amp.
I found AMB's pages on the web and the threads on head-fi and headwize. Easy choice
smily_headphones1.gif

I re-used some parts that I had left-over from my failed tube-Szekerers hybrid amp (mainly the chassis and other mechanical parts).

It was easy to build (thanks to an excellent write-up by AMB) and it works great. I've been listening to it for a few hours now and I really regret not building something years ago
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #2,394 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by rille2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my newest headphone amp:

This is exactly the way i wanted to do my case, were did you get those profiles????

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:50 PM Post #2,395 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzy fuzzbucket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

fit an amp (FK673) in a card case with UM4 batt...

That is a small and nice case
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #2,396 of 9,811
Hi,
it's my first time on head-fi.org ... hello to everyone.
580smile.gif

Lurking around here since last year - but finally tried myself on diying a C-Moy. With the help of tangentsoft.net and some german hifi-members I've finished this weekend my C-Moy.
Nothin' eye candy, but it works and I'm really impressed.
cool.gif

Next step will be a decent psu ... then cables ... Alien DAC ... you know.
600smile.gif

So, here are some pics...

the dirty pcb is my fault ... tried to clean it with isopropanol and after that this white clammy film was all over the pcb.
frown.gif
Will fix it up with some electronic-spray these days.

best regards,
bearmann

Aug 19, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #2,397 of 9,811
No, it's not Valve or Solid State. ^_^

My new Design for headphone stands.

This design was inspired by old Japanese Architecture. I have tried many different variations on this shape, but I like this the best. This has been painted the colors of the origional piece, however I can also use exotic woods with this design.

It's very sturdy. Can hold two full sized headphones eaisly, or three small size headphones. The wings are curved to keep the headphones from slipping off the ends.

I'm going to donate two of my prototypes to the Boston/NE head-fi meet.

Aug 20, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #2,399 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really nice stand, towert7. Love the asia-look!
smily_headphones1.gif

best regards,
bearmann

Thanks Bearmann!

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #2,400 of 9,811
I cased up a trio of Alien DACs last week.....all working great. I opted for the dual powered set-up and copied AMB's switch/power jack placement front to back. They work very well. I've been listening thru a Minified Pint and a pair of Senn HD-600s.
ADacFront

ADacRear

ADacTop

ADacInside1

ADacInside2

ADacInside3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back