Post pics of your builds....
Nov 8, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #1,606 of 9,811
cyclopia: Sweet! I know more work went into that than meets the eye and bet it does sound nice.

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #1,607 of 9,811
Thank you seaside~ and thanks for other comments of all..

Sorry for my short english so... i expect seaside to reply for any other questions~
tongue.gif
Because he has more knowledge about this amp, a kind of MHHA.
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

I'm just only able to copy of other member's works in HAS.
The voltage converter come out from Ryanjun's idea~~.

About the cost....hmmm...I can't remember exactly, but about $25 paid for case work.

Nov 10, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #1,611 of 9,811
My 3rd amp, a Millett Hybrid. Finished some weeks ago.
[size=xx-small]Lately I took off those ugly bolts from the Neutrik combo connector (hp-out) and replaced them with fancy screws.[/size]

Potentiometer is a 22-step "fake RK-27".
All electrolytics are Sanyo MV-AX series.
All film caps are Evox Rifa PHE 426 series.
Resistors are standard (generic) blue ones.
Just had to put some blue leds under the tubes...
smily_headphones1.gif

The amplifier board is fully detachable.
Equipped with a TREAD and a Diamond Buffer.
Power comes from a wallwart.

The (4 pole 3 position) rotary switch on the right is the power switch. The red LED is connected to Tread and the green to the amp. When you turn the knob one step clockwise the Tread goes on and the red led turns on. When you turn once more the amp goes on as well (and both leds are on).

Of course, this function is practically useless but I wanted to make it. I'm very fond of driving so you could consider it as a ignition key in a car
tongue.gif

[size=xx-small]Off, power on, engine on[/size]

I had a transparent plastic top on it but decided to remove it. After some hours of use I removed the top and measured DB's (bias)voltage. It was 100mV
eek.gif

I had used default 2R2 resistors. Optimal would be 44mV and maximum 66mV. Luckily the transistors didn't fry...

Some Pictures (had to include the compulsory night shot):

IMG_2286s.jpg

IMG_2317s.jpg

IMG_2306s.jpg

[size=xx-small]Soon for sale...[/size]

Nov 11, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #1,613 of 9,811
Cyclopia - did you do your own acrylic cutting? Between that and the silkscreening, it looks very professional. Beautiful work!

Tsappis - great work as well. That case is a great size for the project!

Nov 11, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #1,614 of 9,811
Woah... That's a pretty Millett. I'll have pictures soon of a new project I'm working on. PPAv2 amp with STEPS, Epsilon 12 protection circuit, and a VU meter board I designed (based off of a project online. I worked off of the schematic).

Nov 11, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #1,616 of 9,811
Here's my discrete Diamond Buffer that I finished today for my Millett, just now got around to it!

EDIT: That's right, I've got the dDB, Millett, and a Tangent Modified Linkwitz PCB all crammed into that little Hammond case!

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #1,617 of 9,811
That's some serious crammage.
How do you like the sound through the Linkwitz? I personally find it dulling to the music, but I'm interested in your opinions.

Nov 11, 2006 at 12:29 PM Post #1,618 of 9,811
I don't know that I can really tell the really subtle differences between these small system changes, as I can hardly tell the difference between my M3 and Millett, but, I feel that I could probably have gone without including the crossfeed and not miss anything. I don't want to take it out now, because it would be far too much work!

EDIT: I actually ended up flipping the crossfeed upside down to get it in the case, I had to remove one of the tube rings temporarily to get the top on over all that stuff!

Nov 11, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #1,619 of 9,811
Thank you all for the compliments. I was thinking of getting some Black Gates to replace current capacitors...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ace o' Spades
Wow! Great work! How does it sound?

Sounds good, especially with some 12FK6s. I very much prefer those over 12AE6s. Unfortunately I couldn't get any 12FM6s but I doubt they would have been better than those 12FK6s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_M
Tsappis, that case is very nice! Is that a hifi2000 model from audiokit.it?

I doubt. It's a Teko Dissipator series bought from a local distributor. I really recommend this case. It's a quality product and was very easy to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back