Post pics of your builds....
Oct 11, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #1,531 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25
X2!

For a second there I thought he (pho_boi) said it was a millett hybrid, my jaw came loose for a bit there until i read again... Multi-hybrid.
I want to build it too!!!

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #1,532 of 9,811
How difficult do you think that pho's amp would be to build? I'm new to DIY amps and such, but think that it looks interesting
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #1,533 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon
How difficult do you think that pho's amp would be to build? I'm new wil DIY amps and such, but think that it looks interesting
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't believe there's a PCB for it, so it'll have to be all on a perfboard, which can get stoopidly tedious and error prone. On the flipside, you can lay it out anyway you want
600smile.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 11:23 PM Post #1,537 of 9,811
Yep 2 Millets. I built one for my brother while i was constructing my own, and for my efforts he sourced and supplied the Galaxy chassis from AudioKit in italy!
600smile.gif

Little bit more info, they are both spec'd the same with Elna Silmic 2 / Cerafine Caps, Vishay Dale Resistors, Steps PSU and AMB Labs E3's configured for single supply.

Matt
580smile.gif

Oct 13, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #1,542 of 9,811
A few of my last build. Was a birthday gift for a friend, I wanted to keep her though.. Its hard to see em go!

Casework is milled from a solid block of african mohogany. ( I broke two before getting one good one) My metalworking has gone down the toilet since I no longer have acess to proper tools. Tin snips and drills dont quite do the work a turret punch and shear will do. This is my newly redesigned PCB which is smaller than the old one Ive used. Tried a few new things with this one, Like the push button switch. And satin finish rather than my usual High Gloss. Working with wood is pretty difficult when all your inputs and switches etc are made for panel mounting. Its means being creative. And having some super strong epoxy
wink.gif

As you can see, On the back I sorta slipped with the dremel while enlarging the hole for the battery drawers. If it were the front I would have had to start over but I can live with it on the back. My last build is on page 55, It still resides right next to me at the computer serving as a preamp or headphone amp depending on if im using headphones or the stereo.

front.jpg

inside.jpg

back.jpg

bottom.jpg

Oct 13, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #1,543 of 9,811
Hi All!

Maybe somebody be interested.
This small and silent computer. Case mini-ITX, but motherboard mini-ATX.
(I hate VIA chipsets and CPUs, but love Intel and AMD)
wink.gif

CPU Athlon 3500MHz socket AM2, MB Asus M2NPV-VM, nforce 430.
HDD hitachi 2.5" SATA
DVD+RW Lite-On
Case Morex.
For full silence necessary use CPU AMD with energy Efficient 35Watt (SDD part number). But it don't buy in Russia
frown.gif
Maybe ALL advice where it buy (internet shops).

Here mini worklog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back