Post pics of your builds....
Apr 6, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #408 of 9,811
Apr 10, 2005 at 5:25 AM Post #410 of 9,811
Here's the last prototype of the Millett Hybrid amp, a revision of board from Pete's website. The panels are poplar, the case is a leftover from another project that never went anyplace and it's time for some new sawblades.

n_maher is going to coordinate a group buy for the PCBs for the amp, I think starting next week.

proto2_1.png

-Drew

Apr 11, 2005 at 12:33 PM Post #415 of 9,811
Well, the leatest one, the first published here. Essentially an AD797 followed by a single-ended class A bjt output stage. Apart from the transformator, the whole construction is dual mono, the stabilization was done using LM337/317. The quiscent current of the output stage is about 100mA, enough for my 600 Ohm Beyer DT-880. Previously I tried the AD797 on its own and it had no problem driving this high impedance can. It had a very a transparent sound, but sometimes I thought, that it is a bit shy on the bass. Everything was OK, but I missed some drive from the lower registers. Well, this problem is solved, with the output stage and transparency remaind a same. The assembly took two days (friday - 4 hours, saturday - 10 hours (that was a bit too long though)). Anyway, some pictures.

Circuit/1:

circuit22nf.jpg

Circuit/2:

circuit13jk.jpg

Audition:

audition8cb.jpg

And yes, this thing is HOT!

Apr 11, 2005 at 9:36 PM Post #418 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmd
Don't have any pics online right now of the headphone amps I have built but here are some of the speakers I just finished.

http://gmd.shackspace.com/Speakers/SpeakersAmp.jpg

(note my amazing tv in this picture)
http://gmd.shackspace.com/Speakers/TempSpeakerSetup.jpg

Awesome work, you should be very very proud!
orphsmile.gif

Few questions if you don't mind?
biggrin.gif

What design are they? (url?)
What are they finished in?
How did you cut the large speaker holes (with recess)?
Do they sound as good as they look?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 11, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #419 of 9,811
tight fit
biggrin.gif
but no problem since the mosfets are installed with isolating high performance kapton sets on the 1.5" heatsinks, the smaller film caps (0.1uF, 0.068uF, 0.01uF MKS/MKP types) are mounted "subterrestrial" to leave the place on the upperside for the big film caps (4.7uF, 3.3uF, 0.68uF)
mmm_slim_backview_inside_800x.jpg

at 80mA bias the 1.5" heatsinks are getting significant warmer than the 2.5" heatsinks in my "maxxed" M³, but I wouldn't call it hot though, still on the safe side
mmm_slim_topview_800x600.jpg

nothing special on the frontpanel, the same design like on my other amps. Since the M³ is THE amp for driving my K1000 I installed an additional dedicated 4pin XLR K1000 jack
mmm_slim_front_800x600.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back