Post pics of your builds....
Jan 6, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #9,496 of 9,811
  Spent some time this week with the mill getting the chassis built for my Pete Millett Engineer's Amp.  A work in progress...

Very nice.  I've always wanted to build one of those (being both an engineer and a fan of Pete's work) but have yet to find a use for it if I did.

Jan 27, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #9,500 of 9,811
@vixr: Somehow you've tapped into my mind and retrieved the idea's I've been holding for 3 years now. Seriously though I need some 1 inch thick smoked clear black arcylic perspex how much did you get yours for? My local retailer only has up to 8mm. But I've got plans for a $4.5k preamp project for a customer.

@Chris: The engineers amp is a good one had it along with my Jonokuchi (another of Pete's diy if you hadn't known). Good stuff indeed before I flogged it for cheap.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #9,507 of 9,811
It's great to think you can have your own portable triode HP amp which runs on a few batteries. I think the K272C is the best so far. Some like the K272 original because it ran on one 9V battery. But I have had a number of every model including a K272B which never made product. I got an early prototype. The "C" is the best sonically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back