Post pics of your builds....
Jul 23, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #1,336 of 9,811
Haha nice CMOY jbloudg! I'll bet it would go perfectly with some balanced RS-1's
eek.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #1,337 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20

Balanced "CMOY". It used two DRV134 chips to balance a single ended input, then runs them through four large Solen caps, and the rest of the circuit.

Think you can post some pics of the internals? It looks really interesting, and a CMOY would be the last thing that I thought people would modify to be balanced.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #1,338 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox360
Think you can post some pics of the internals? It looks really interesting, and a CMOY would be the last thing that I thought people would modify to be balanced.

Its technically not a CMOY, but a standard noninverting opamp circuit, that has been tweaked for a specific type of headphone.

Internals are not possible, as the bottom is all sealed up, and you wouldn't be able to see anyhting anyway. The circuit is fairly large, and it is a small wooden enclosure. Those 5uf Solens are pretty big, and taking up a lot of space, as well.

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #1,342 of 9,811
I finally got around to casing up my PPA V2. It's a 2 box configuration that uses a Jung Regulated Power supply and a pretty maxed out PPA V2 w/ OPA637/627s, class A, and a stepped attenuator.

Pics:

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

Jul 23, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #1,346 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
Well done, Nate. Nice clean lines, as always.

Thanks, it's not 100% done (the knob at least is getting changed) but I'm pretty happy with how it all came out. It was my first real adventure with drilling and tapping new holes in a case like that but I like the look a lot better than regular phillips head screws.

Quote:

EDIT: What kind of power switch is that, it's a little hard to tell?

That'd be the big round pushbutton from NKK. It's a sweet switch and lights blue when pushed. I'll get a night time shot tonight if I can but my real digicam is in the shop so I'll see what I can get out of the P&S.

Jul 23, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #1,347 of 9,811
Nate that looks really nice! Is that a new table or have you moved your listening setup?

Jul 23, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #1,348 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Nate that looks really nice! Is that a new table or have you moved your listening setup?

Excuse the crappy pic, it's not really leaning... but it's a rack-based setup that I'm working on in the Library. I'll try to get a better picture of it later tonight as well. You'd be happy to know Zack that my Millett is now housed in your Millett's old case (the 2$ whore case
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

large.jpg

Jul 23, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #1,349 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Excuse the crappy pic, it's not really leaning... but it's a rack-based setup that I'm working on in the Library. I'll try to get a better picture of it later tonight as well. You'd be happy to know Zack that my Millett is now housed in your Millett's old case (the 2$ whore case
very_evil_smiley.gif
).

I knew it! That whore just can't get enough of the Millet and it's hybrid goodness. Ugh, that case disgusts me...yet I can't look away
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 24, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #1,350 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
large.jpg

Schwing! Industrial design (and probably industrial strength) goodness. Gorgeous! Looks like an amzing rig. Hope it sounds like a million bucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back