Post pics of your builds....
Mar 30, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #1,066 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Pretty sweet Nate! I'm assuming the three amps are a PPAv2, Millet (not sure which one though), and an M3?

Thanks man, the list of amps is somewhat TBD but it'll definitely be my PPA (still in the pinebox
frown.gif
), Ian's Millett (in its real, final, non-$2-xxxxx case
biggrin.gif
) and probably the little Millett I posted pictures of a few days ago (see here). I may drag along a few other things, I may not, depends on how hard it is to find stuff after it's packed!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
I'm at your table at the national meet!

Just caught that the other day, welcome to lucky 13!

Apr 2, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #1,067 of 9,811
Well, the drive towards the national meet continued last night. Up to bat this time was my Monica 2 DAC which needed a more permanent home than the oversized mint tin that she was currently residing in. Since post #954 she's had a bit of work done to her, primarily the addition of a second regulated power supply so that analog and digital pieces get their own clean power. The results:
Front (power switch, signal lock led, power led)
large.jpg

Back (analog out, digital in, DC in(s)
large.jpg

Internal Wiring
large.jpg

Shot next to matching Millett Hybrid
large.jpg

Apr 2, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #1,070 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilR
Nice looking amps, Nate. I see you have a D70. When did you get it? Your images have improved with that camera (nice body).

I've had the D70 for about 2 years now so I guess previously I was just a crappy photographer
smily_headphones1.gif
. Seriously though, some times I take the time to take decent shots of gear, other times I'm spent cause it's usually midnight when I finish projects, still need to clean up and I'm too lazy to setup the tripod and what limited lighting I have in the attic. Give me a month, when I finally get my real "shop" setup and I'll finally post decent gear images.

Nate

Apr 2, 2006 at 5:26 AM Post #1,071 of 9,811
Takes a lot of work to set up good indoor shots, especially boards. I spent hours to get the shots I posted on my site. I ended up doing 10 second exposures with a 60MM Micro lens stopped way down....

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
I've had the D70 for about 2 years now so I guess previously I was just a crappy photographer
smily_headphones1.gif
. Seriously though, some times I take the time to take decent shots of gear, other times I'm spent cause it's usually midnight when I finish projects, still need to clean up and I'm too lazy to setup the tripod and what limited lighting I have in the attic. Give me a month, when I finally get my real "shop" setup and I'll finally post decent gear images.

Nate

Apr 3, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #1,072 of 9,811
Hey Nate, you have to finish off the collection with a Charlize!!
icon10.gif

I'm building my Millet + Charlize in the same case right now and it's looking good.

Having some problem with biasing the diamond buffers tho.

-Ced

Apr 3, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #1,073 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by CedMan
Hey Nate, you have to finish off the collection with a Charlize!!
icon10.gif

Ack, nooooooooo! I do have a chipamp project going though
smily_headphones1.gif
. It's been back-burnered till I complete some other things, even after all this work recently the list is still long.

Quote:

I'm building my Millet + Charlize in the same case right now and it's looking good.

Can't wait to see it! And shoot me a PM if you get too far stuck with the DB's and I'll see what I can do to help.

Nate

Apr 4, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #1,079 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by [AK]Zip
It looks like Mouser part no: 161-7300-EX

-Alex-

Wow, I keep noticing in a lot of posts you're a master at mouser part numbers
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back