Post pics of your builds....
Oct 31, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #91 of 9,811
I did a search and couldn't find the exact chrome cigarette case kloan used, but there are several nice ones that would probably work. Some are too thin, I think, but cases like this one should do nicely. You could hide the knob and jacks beneath the hinged lid to protect them when not in use.

cigarettecaseg15.jpg

You'd still have trouble taking it on an airline, but I like the cigarette case idea better than using mint tins. Plus, Altoids is getting touchy about selling amps housed inside their tins anyway.

Oct 31, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #92 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by comabereni
Plus, Altoids is getting touchy about selling amps housed inside their tins anyway.

You're kidding, right?

Oct 31, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #93 of 9,811
wow, a lot of positive feedback on my amp enclosure..
smily_headphones1.gif

id point you in the right direction on where you could get them, but so far i havent managed to find a good source for them.. it was my plan to find out who the distributor was so i could get them wholesale, because id like to make these with pcbs and sell them on ebay, just to get a little bit of income, since im self-employed and need the cash..

btw, it costs $30 cdn at the store i bought it at..

Nov 5, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #94 of 9,811
my K1k amp, caseless atm
frown.gif

E5DD9014_filtered.jpg

E5DD9011_filtered.jpg

E5DD9020_filtered.jpg

to get an idea of its size, inside the K1k's (K1k's modded with silver cable)

E5DD9006_filtered.jpg

this thing is as minimalistic as it gets, and man does it sound good!!!
eek.gif

in each channel its basically just a BurrBrown OPA548 and four resistors... and then for the whole deal a TLE rail splitter and two caps as power filter caps (one for + and one for -) and a heatsink i pulled out of a busted comptuer PSU... they dont get hot at all, the heatsink feels maybe one or two degrees above room temp directly behind the OPA548's

here is the schematic even tho it isnt anything groundbreaking lol...

K1K.gif

im still tweaking the circuit, and im thinking about perhaps getting some PCB's printed and selling them as a portable K1k amp if there is any interest... dunno

Nov 7, 2004 at 12:18 PM Post #95 of 9,811
I just started to print my own boards, and rather than waste parts on a CMOY i did a Pimeta as my first.

There is something not quite right with the circuit though. Either the gain or some resistors are wrong. It doesn't amp very much. I have to double check the values.

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Nov 7, 2004 at 8:00 PM Post #96 of 9,811
I finally took some pics of my TPA6120 based amp and my Elma attenuator i use as a passive preamp for the speaker rig.

P2P lives:
TPA62101.jpg

TPA6210.jpg

The Elma that took so very long to build. Let's not do this again. All Beyschlag resistors.

Elma1.jpg

Elma2.jpg

Elma3.jpg

Elma4.jpg

Nov 10, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #99 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
my K1k amp, caseless atm
frown.gif

E5DD9014_filtered.jpg

E5DD9011_filtered.jpg

E5DD9020_filtered.jpg

to get an idea of its size, inside the K1k's (K1k's modded with silver cable)

E5DD9006_filtered.jpg

this thing is as minimalistic as it gets, and man does it sound good!!!
eek.gif

in each channel its basically just a BurrBrown OPA548 and four resistors... and then for the whole deal a TLE rail splitter and two caps as power filter caps (one for + and one for -) and a heatsink i pulled out of a busted comptuer PSU... they dont get hot at all, the heatsink feels maybe one or two degrees above room temp directly behind the OPA548's

here is the schematic even tho it isnt anything groundbreaking lol...

K1K.gif

im still tweaking the circuit, and im thinking about perhaps getting some PCB's printed and selling them as a portable K1k amp if there is any interest... dunno

Flecom, your pictures don't load, but I am intrigued by the description. I'd like to see pictures and schema.

[edit: now they're up -- someone must have kicked the server
smily_headphones1.gif
]

Nov 10, 2004 at 5:14 PM Post #100 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadail
My PPA

ppa1.jpg

ppa2.jpg

Did you do that yourself or is that some kind of case wrap? If it's all DIY, congrats, it looks pretty nice. Talk about a design thats a blast from the past
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 14, 2004 at 4:50 PM Post #104 of 9,811
doobooloo,

All I can say is, DAMN that is pretty!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back