Post pics of your builds....
Dec 29, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #6,152 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks very well done.
How did you label the panels? Some sort of transfer?

Sorry it took me so long to wrote in, lots on my plate
frown.gif

Anyway, the panels were shot on Avery clear shipping labels, and then another blank label applied over for protection.

These were done on a color laser (the print is blue), though you have to be careful because apparently some clear labels do Bad Things in color lasers. I haven't heard any such problems with monochrome lasers, but dunno.

I used DesignCAD 3DMax to translate the original Hammond panel locations to the panels for the B080 and generate the drill templates on paper. Lauren and I cut out the proposed holes and fitted the paper to make sure everything was right before shooting the final templates.. which were then stuck to the panels with double-sided tape and drilled through.

Then, the legends were done on a separate layer, with the corner holes pulled up onto the legend layer so that I could register the labels (I printed each in the middle of the label), and then trimmed to the panel edge with a sharp xacto knife.

It isn't perfect, because (a) the B080 panels are textured, which makes for a kind of frosty background, and (b) I wasn't hyper careful about dust, so I trapped a couple things between the layers.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

...tom

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #6,154 of 9,811
Dec 29, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #6,158 of 9,811
With budgets in mind here’s a little killer...

The Jaycar packs a big punch when it comes down to dollars and performance ratio, it drove my HD800’s exceedingly well.

The build is not all my work, mattcalf stuffed all the boards, I did the internals and wiring, enjoy the pics...

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #6,162 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by wink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John, where's the JHHA low ohms module?

Slow and steady, one solder pad at a time. Isn’t it bedtime in Cabramatta?

Dec 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #6,163 of 9,811
it's the same time as in the lower blue mountains.
I'm on hols until Jan 11th.
No more late nights - it's all early mornings....

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #6,164 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn’t it bedtime in Cabramatta?

If you like Pho then Cabra never sleeps
normal_smile .gif

That's a nice wiring job on Matt's Jaycar.
I remember being really impressed by Owen's~

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #6,165 of 9,811
Question for johnwmclean: - what kind of case did you use for the "Jaycar" amp??? and, do you know if it's available in USA???

Oh, by the way, very nice work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back