Post pics of your builds....
Sep 5, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #5,642 of 9,811
It is the perforated sheet..I need to move it down one row...too lazy to do it now.

It was something that I picked up at a surplus electronics parts store..I had the case powdercoated. It used to look like this.
picture001ubs.jpg

And this is how it was when i picked it up from the surplus store..

picture033r.jpg

Sep 6, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #5,649 of 9,811
Looks awesome!
That blue cable is crazy thick O.O

Sep 6, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #5,650 of 9,811
Sep 6, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #5,651 of 9,811
Here is a CMOY I built years ago. It's built into piece of furniture for a doll house I picked up at a crafts store for about a buck...

CMOY_closed.JPG

CMOY_top1.JPG

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #5,652 of 9,811
Nice work, Big Dave!

Thanks for the compliments, guys, very much appreciated.
The PSU is my design, nothing special just +/- 15Vdc via LM317/LM337 on a home etch board. The pcb after it is a JLH PSRR, which detects noise on the DC and then cancels it out, followed by a cap. multiplier. Used in the AK-SCHA, and also used here, it makes a huge difference. I was part of the team that made the professional boards, with me doing the layout. The main board is a modification of an australian version of the classic Class A amplifier. It's been modified by SandyK, and can now be used with headphones, but with further improvements to the SQ via a modification to the input LTP. Board home etched by me.

The nice chunky cable is Van Damme classic XKE instrument cable. Very flexible and nice to work with. The stepped attenuator is due to be replaced by LDR's (Lightspeed) when they arrive.

Sep 6, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #5,653 of 9,811
Here are some pics of my most recent work… a single ended transformer coupled one-stage tube amp.
It’s a kind of tinkerman project, intended to try out some good sounding tubes with high Gm and high Mu like D3a, Russians 6J52P, 6S45P-E and 6N30P-DR.

Afbeelding679.jpg

On the picture are D3a tubes with a level meter tube in between, the Sowter OPTs are on the back.
The power supply is housed in a separate enclosure.

Afbeelding677.jpg

... a glance at the back

Afbeelding683.jpg

... inside the power supply

Afbeelding680.jpg

In the middle is an ε24 circuit driving a Sharp solide-state relay.
Thanks Ti (amb) for this handy circuit!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back