Post pics of your builds....
Dec 4, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #3,856 of 9,811
Finished it.

UPOCC two strands internal wiring, Gold plated copper RCA's, and Charging. It is wood dock with plastic top insert.

docfront.jpg

docback.jpg

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #3,858 of 9,811
That's pretty cool.

I made one with an altoids tin that does the same thing.

However, I used the USB power input pins to apply 5 volts. The problem is my 5.5g charges fine but I tried a friends classic and it didn't work. Which pins did you use for 5 volts/com?

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #3,859 of 9,811
Its personal use.

I got sick of using the cable solution and couldn't find any nice looking docks in my price range. The charging is a major plus and one drawback I always had with the iPod > RCA solution.

I used the firewire power pin for charging. 12V gets it done faster and is on pins 19+20 here and 12V power supplies are a dime a dozen with most being the connector size I need. It uses an angled iPod dock with PCB spreader so it can handle more abuse rather than just using the pins directly.

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #3,861 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its personal use.

I got sick of using the cable solution and couldn't find any nice looking docks in my price range. The charging is a major plus and one drawback I always had with the iPod > RCA solution.

I used the firewire power pin for charging. 12V gets it done faster and is on pins 19+20 here and 12V power supplies are a dime a dozen with most being the connector size I need. It uses an angled iPod dock with PCB spreader so it can handle more abuse rather than just using the pins directly.

Do you have a link to the dock?

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #3,865 of 9,811
Quote:

You can get spreader PCB's, DC jacks, and angled iPod connectors from Ridax

iPod/iPhone Dock Connector ordering

Which parts did you use from Ridax? "U" and "RD", or a "SK

I don't want to build this exactly, but I want to incorporate an iPod dock into an amp case.

Dec 4, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #3,869 of 9,811
Quote:

The combo you would need is U. in combination with Ma.

Though if you want a more featured board setup with possible USB connection get their Dev board for an extra $5.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if MA would work. I like the looks of the RD board. It offers a lot of potential. Remote control might be useful, but my intended application is just sitting on my desk, so I'm unsure how useful. It might put less strain on the dock then having to push buttons on the iPod to change music though.

And was the plastic insert just scavenged from another dock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back