Post pics of your builds....
Jul 24, 2007 at 11:21 PM Post #2,326 of 9,811
Excellent work. You are an artist.
Would you tell us what metal enclosure you used in the M3 amp? I have never been able to find any with a removable top. I will have to imitate your use of wooden end plates.

F

Jul 24, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #2,327 of 9,811
The metal case used for the m3 and steps is the biggest hammond (1455T2201BK)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #2,329 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by thegeek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Myref C stereo-amplifier + kookaburra preamp (kits from twisted pear audio):

Someone at Twisted Pear Audio has to be really twisted to name a component "kookaburra." That's a seriously bad-mouth sounding word in some Spanish speaking countries.

Jul 26, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #2,330 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone at Twisted Pear Audio has to be really twisted to name a component "kookaburra." That's a seriously bad-mouth sounding word in some Spanish speaking countries.

I'd imagine that most people only know of it as the bird, not some foul word.

Jul 26, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #2,331 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd imagine that most people only know of it as the bird, not some foul word.

Gee I'm the twisted mind then
tongue.gif
Just searched the web and discovered there are tons of references for that word, even quite a few product brands using the bird as the brand logo. I'm amazed at my own vocabulary ignorance.
eek.gif
"Kookaburra cricket bats", gee my evil self is laughing out hard just thinking about it...

To be fair, the expression I was thinking of in Spanish has a different spelling, and has two words which I rather not write. But I'm pretty sure many Spanish speakers reading that very same spelling, "kookaburra", would think of what I'm thinking of. For sure anyone in my country would, plus anyone from a few other countries in Latin America.

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #2,332 of 9,811
Quote:

Its actually a bird: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra

Jul 26, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #2,333 of 9,811
Quote:

Gee I'm the twisted mind then
tongue.gif
Just searched the web and discovered there are tons of references for that word, even quite a few product brands using the bird as the brand logo. I'm amazed at my own vocabulary ignorance.
eek.gif
"Kookaburra cricket bats", gee my evil self is laughing out hard just thinking about it...

To be fair, the expression I was thinking of in Spanish has a different spelling, and has two words which I rather not write. But I'm pretty sure many Spanish speakers reading that very same spelling, "kookaburra", would think of what I'm thinking of. For sure anyone in my country would, plus anyone from a few other countries in Latin America.

Well now you've made me curious about this mysterious foul-mouthed expression.
tongue.gif

Jul 26, 2007 at 11:08 AM Post #2,334 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well now you've made me curious about this mysterious foul-mouthed expression.
tongue.gif

Ok, well let me try to give you a hint: "Burra" is a female dunkey in Spanish -exact spelling. That other part, "kooka" is the one that doesn't match the spelling of the other word in Spanish, but sounds very much the same. That other word I can't translate without gettting in trouble though
wink.gif
I hope you get the gist of this poor translation.

Jul 26, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #2,335 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by TzeYang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@mminutel

I envy you guys who have the place to work on external cases. The place that i'm living in right now does not have this kind of privilege. I feel so sorry every time i saw my naked amps.

Anyway, why is the legs of the film cap on your pimeta on the ground channel so long? XD

Before purchasing anything else, the first task in DIY is to clear the area and claim you own personalized custom work/living space. Sometimes, one must run off the silly rule-laden undesriables to accomplish this. All the toys, parts, tools and gadgets follow.
biggrin.gif

Jul 28, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #2,336 of 9,811
Hi All

I build external storage on 1.5TB (RAID5) for music library and HDTV's files.
800px-IMG_2969.JPG

MB Intel Q965, ICH8-R, 1GBIT lan, 4 HDD WD 500GB AAKS

450px-IMG_2970.JPG

Gentoo Linux inside. Boot from USB Flash.

Total.png

Total space 1.5TB (Raid 5) or 2GB raid 0.

1gbit.png

Connect with my PC over 1GBIT LAN (iSCSI).
Manage through web-interface.

790px-Far.png

Speed 40-50 MB/sec.

This box lays in other room. And my computer became noiseless
smily_headphones1.gif

Here mini worklog, and here (use babelfish)

Sorry for bad English.

Jul 28, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #2,337 of 9,811
That is really cool! Did you have any instructions or anything to build that, or did you pretty much set it up on your own? I'm handy with a computer, and that might be a good idea, although I might prefer a regular External HD stack. How was the price on that?

Jul 28, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #2,338 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is really cool! Did you have any instructions or anything to build that, or did you pretty much set it up on your own? I'm handy with a computer, and that might be a good idea, although I might prefer a regular External HD stack. How was the price on that?

Adjusted independently. Instructions I shall write in the future. The price has made: MB 110 $ + CPU 90 $ + RAM 20 $ + CASE 50 $ + HDD $90 *4 + USBFLASH 20 $ = Total 650 $. For comparison BlueRay player at us costs 1000 $ and disks on 50 $

Users who are viewing this thread

Back