Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Dec 2, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #2,824 of 4,134
Replaced my old AV receiver with a Marantz unit.  

Great sound quality with the rest of my unit...plus from our standpoint the headphone jack ain't too shabby on this thing.  All my cans jam nicely on it.

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #2,825 of 4,134
So I stopped by Goodwill the other day (I'm always hopeful for my GS1000 in the Good Cents store ^_^) when I stumbled by this:

The Pioneer SX-7. Well I've been thinking about trying to make an affordable (see: cheap:) speaker system, and am always a sucker for finding some hella bargain. This was $5.00, and I also ended up getting a Stravinsky record that was in good shape. WELL, the display doesn't work. With a digital readout (and also the burn mark on the top), I decided to do the only thing that seemed natural:

Scrap it and pull out everything I might want to sell or use. I love the heatsink, but would anyone need some transformers? :p

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #2,826 of 4,134
Do you play Xbox with your 009s?

Also:

Yup. Halo sounds fantastic. Feed the 360 optical to the DAC.

Speaking of which. I see you pop up and play Nerdsassin's Creed. Get your good Rollin and play Halo with me. :wink:

You have time to game with all those records to listen to?!

:wink: 

I often do both at the same time. Turn off game audio and put on some music. Halo isn't exactly a 'noise whore' game.

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #2,827 of 4,134
Quote:
Yup. Halo sounds fantastic. Feed the 360 optical to the DAC.
Speaking of which. I see you pop up and play Nerdsassin's Creed. Get your good Rollin and play Halo with me.
wink.gif

This weekend should work, finished AC3 so I'll be playing both games from now on, instead of doing crazy long single player sessions. 

Might make a new live account because I never used the 3 one-monthers that come with the xbox though, I'll keep ya updated.

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #2,828 of 4,134
Just bit the bullet on some Audio engine A2, but I got them from Audioengine...so I can return them if they aren't to my liking.

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #2,832 of 4,134

Adam Artist 3 speakers. They finally dropped, from $1k/pair to $800/pair. I found myself using the Emotiva Airmotiv 4s a lot more than I expected, and the only step up I wanted had to have a ribbon tweeter, so it was either better actives or go the full hog and get a pair of ELACs and a power amp. Given the lack of space on my desk and in my room, the Adams were an obvious choice with less wiring and equipment involved. Listening to them now, quietly, playing Magnificat - Parsons, White & Byrd: "Where late the sweet birds sang" at quiet volumes is just wonderful.

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #2,833 of 4,134
Quote:

Adam Artist 3 speakers. They finally dropped, from $1k/pair to $800/pair. I found myself using the Emotiva Airmotiv 4s a lot more than I expected, and the only step up I wanted had to have a ribbon tweeter, so it was either better actives or go the full hog and get a pair of ELACs and a power amp. Given the lack of space on my desk and in my room, the Adams were an obvious choice with less wiring and equipment involved. Listening to them now, quietly, playing Magnificat - Parsons, White & Byrd: "Where late the sweet birds sang" at quiet volumes is just wonderful.

Well they certainly look the business. I know active speakers have been around a long time but they are a fabulous invention. Great for convenience, space etc.  Good stuff.

Dec 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #2,834 of 4,134
Quote:

Cool!  Congrats. I was on the fence with these a while back and right before i got them money got real tight and i backed off.  They really are good in small places for sure.  I may end up with them at one point down the road a little.

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #2,835 of 4,134

Sony Bravia KDL55HX853, their flagship 55 inch model, Tragically it's for my sister though 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back