Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Nov 16, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #2,781 of 4,134
Quote:
It's not mine, but how can you tell?

I happen to have the same watch in black on right now (a genuine one though).
beyersmile.png

Oke lets see:
1: The date is too small.
2. The pip on the bezel is touching the edges of the black triangle, the real one has a tiny bit of space between the edges (this is usually the best way to tell a fake Planet Ocean).
3. The x5 minute indicators on the bezel seem very short.
4. There is too little space between the printed 12, 9 and 6  and their indices. And the 12, 9 and 6 seem stretched and just plain wrong.
5. Waaaaay too much space between the date and the 3 o clock indice. (Dead giveaway this one) EDIT: the real 45mm version also has a lot of space between the date and the indice, however this is not a 45mm version since it has different bezel ''teeth''.
6. The writing is not fine enough, seems quite smugged. (Take a look at the G on OMEGA, what happened there?)
7. It might be after market , but the real one has much nicer packaging.
8. Numerous, more subtle things

Hope he didn't pay too much for it. Fake watches are for fake people as they say....

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #2,782 of 4,134
Quote:
I happen to have the same watch in black on right now (a genuine one though).
beyersmile.png

Oke lets see:
1: The date is too small.
2. The pip on the bezel is touching the edges of the black triangle, the real one has a tiny bit of space between the edges (this is usually the best way to tell a fake Planet Ocean).
3. The x5 minute indicators on the bezel seem very short.
4. There is too little space between the printed 12, 9 and 6  and their indices. And the 12, 9 and 6 seem stretched and just plain wrong.
5. Waaaaay too much space between the date and the 3 o clock indice. (Dead giveaway this one)
6. The writing is not fine enough, seems quite smugged. (Take a look at the G on OMEGA, what happened there?)
7. It might be after market , but the real one has much nicer packaging.
8. Numerous, more subtle things

Hope he didn't pay too much for it. Fake watches are for fake people as they say....

Wow, well I'll take your word for it haha, I guess I'll have to post mine at some point (Rolex Perpetual Date Just and vintage Omega Seamaster) just to make sure they pass the test lol!

Nov 16, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #2,783 of 4,134

That's not particularly nice. :confused_face:

NVM, bad idea. Just causes issues... :xf_eek:

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #2,785 of 4,134
Wow, I'm going to say that's genuine.  So now you have a 911 (I believe that was the Porsche, can't quite remember though) and a Vanquish?  Is there an end to your spree?

I have my cars listed in my profile :wink:, used exotics are a lot less expensive than new ones.

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #2,786 of 4,134
Quote:
I have my cars listed in my profile
wink.gif
, used exotics are a lot less expensive than new ones.

I'm still not sure inexpensive is a term that I'd place in the same sentence as exotic cars.  Sure, in context of full retail price, definitely cheaper, but juxtaposed with a brand new Honda Accord (ie a plebeian mode of transportation lol)....mmmmm not so inexpensive 
rolleyes.gif

Regardless, congrats on the purchase, I'm sure it is a good bit of fun around town.  

Nov 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #2,787 of 4,134
Hmmm? I didn't say "inexpensive", I said "less expensive". :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back