Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Oct 3, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #1,591 of 4,134

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. I've been following their instructions carefully.

The guy also said I had really sensitive skin because I kept bleeding, and that's also why it looks like a blob. I can't wait to see it when it's completely healed.

Was the blood dripping? My first kept welling up at the surface, and took 2 yr for all of the swelling to subside. 

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #1,592 of 4,134
To each his own, but i gotta say that the tattoos that i saw as a kid and teen were old men with grey sagging pictures on there bodies and it didn't look appealing to me.  That was a real turn off at that time so i never even thought of it.  On the other hand, a tramp stamp(lower back) on a young girl ain't half bad.

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #1,595 of 4,134
The thing that got me more into tattoos was seeing a few older people who's tattoos didn't look great, but not nearly as bad as everyone (without tattoos) often states they are. I was surprised to see them still looking good on an 80 year old man. 

Quote:
To each his own, but i gotta say that the tattoos that i saw as a kid and teen were old men with grey sagging pictures on there bodies and it didn't look appealing to me.  That was a real turn off at that time so i never even thought of it.  On the other hand, a tramp stamp(lower back) on a young girl ain't half bad.

Oct 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM Post #1,597 of 4,134

Quote:

Was the blood dripping? My first kept welling up at the surface, and took 2 yr for all of the swelling to subside. 

2 years?!
eek.gif

My skin was very red and had some beads of blood on the surface and had a lot of swelling. The swelling has gone down quite a bit though.

Oct 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #1,598 of 4,134

Quote:
2 years?!
eek.gif

My skin was very red and had some beads of blood on the surface and had a lot of swelling. The swelling has gone down quite a bit though.

Yeah but about 80% of the swelling went down after the normal period, and I scar easily so ymmv. This tattoo has held its detail *extremely* well over time, and I'm told that has to do with the artists technique. Its pretty old let me tell ya.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #1,603 of 4,134

Yeah but about 80% of the swelling went down after the normal period, and I scar easily so ymmv. This tattoo has held its detail *extremely* well over time, and I'm told that has to do with the artists technique. Its pretty old let me tell ya.

How many tattoos do you have? And did you have to get it touched up at all?

I already want another, music related one but my parents dont want me to get another.

Oct 3, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #1,604 of 4,134

Brand new Ipod Nano and TF10's. With a PA2v2, Effect Audio Cable and a Audiominor LOD on the way also! :)

Oct 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #1,605 of 4,134

Quote:
Quote:

How many tattoos do you have? And did you have to get it touched up at all?

I already want another, music related one but my parents dont want me to get another.

I have two. The later tattoo is about 16 y.o. by a lady who is well known (now) and in demand for her polynesian designs. Its a band of Ahi (plural) with alternate direction, top and bottom wave borders, both standard traditional polynesian motif patterns. Its only 1.25" wide. 

This one I should have touched up a while ago. It has some bleeding, and some injury type scars, but still looks decent for a smallish design. The tips of each wave are/used to be pretty fine, as are/were the dorsal fins on the Ahi.

If I had a good design I'd get another, but it needs to symbolize something important. There's nothing right now, so that's the story of my present life. My connection with the earth, is the sea. The Ahi and waves represent my relationship with the ocean, so that's really enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back