Post pic(s) of your latest "significant" purchase(s)!!! v2.0
Oct 4, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #1,606 of 4,134

Quote:

I have two. The later tattoo is about 16 y.o. by a lady who is well known (now) and in demand for her polynesian designs. Its a band of Ahi (plural) with alternate direction, top and bottom wave borders, both standard traditional polynesian motif patterns. Its only 1.25" wide. 

This one I should have touched up a while ago. It has some bleeding, and some injury type scars, but still looks decent for a smallish design. The tips of each wave are/used to be pretty fine, as are/were the dorsal fins on the Ahi.

If I had a good design I'd get another, but it needs to symbolize something important. There's nothing right now, so that's the story of my present life. My connection with the earth, is the sea. The Ahi and waves represent my relationship with the ocean, so that's really enough.

That's great that you get tattoos that really mean something to you. I'm a runner and running is my life so I got the Roadrunner. He was also my favorite cartoon from Looney Tunes when I was a kid. I ended up thinking about this tattoo for over a year before I finally got it on Saturday.

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #1,608 of 4,134
Raguvian, gorgeous tattoo. I remember you wanted to get a tattoo of the roadrunner, but I was always curious about where you'd go with that idea. I don't have a penchant for tattoos, but yours is very appealing.

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #1,609 of 4,134

Quote:
Raguvian, gorgeous tattoo. I remember you wanted to get a tattoo of the roadrunner, but I was always curious about where you'd go with that idea. I don't have a penchant for tattoos, but yours is very appealing.

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words.

I've gotten some less than nice comments about it as well, though, but that's why I decided to put it so high up on my arm, so it would rarely (if ever) be visible to anyone in public, but still be in a place where I could easily see it if I wanted.

Oct 4, 2011 at 1:56 PM Post #1,611 of 4,134

Quote:
That's great that you get tattoos that really mean something to you. I'm a runner and running is my life so I got the Roadrunner. He was also my favorite cartoon from Looney Tunes when I was a kid. I ended up thinking about this tattoo for over a year before I finally got it on Saturday.

Right on, man.

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #1,612 of 4,134
Quote:
Here's what I "purchased" yesterday:

The shading all looks black and it looks like a blob because my skin was still really irritated in this picture (took it about 2 hours after it was done), but the tattoo artist said that the shaded parts would fade and once my skin stops being irritated and puffed up it will have the normal contrast.

It's a lot of fun though and I want another now.

Awsome. Glad to see that you went through with it :)

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #1,614 of 4,134
41Zr103zoFL.jpg

Was window shopping in a T.J.Maxx looking for a good cheap pair of headphones when I saw these for $15.99. Insanely crazy good for the price. there basically a much much cheaper, ipod driveable k271mkII. Price to performance ratio is ridiculous. Also a refurb ipod video 5.5g 80gb, now rockboxed.

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #1,615 of 4,134

Quote:
Quote:
Awsome. Glad to see that you went through with it :)

Thanks!

Quote:
41Zr103zoFL.jpg

Was window shopping in a T.J.Maxx looking for a good cheap pair of headphones when I saw these for $15.99. Insanely crazy good for the price. there basically a much much cheaper, ipod driveable k271mkII. Price to performance ratio is ridiculous. Also a refurb ipod video 5.5g 80gb, now rockboxed.

Ooh, how do those compare to the KSC75?

Oct 5, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #1,617 of 4,134
A wise choice. It's a wonderful tattoo, and I'm glad your tattoo reflects one of your passions so well. I'm a tad surprised you've received unfriendly comments though (unless they were from your parents).

Quote:
Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words.

I've gotten some less than nice comments about it as well, though, but that's why I decided to put it so high up on my arm, so it would rarely (if ever) be visible to anyone in public, but still be in a place where I could easily see it if I wanted.

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #1,618 of 4,134
Oct 5, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #1,619 of 4,134

After investigating the new 4th generation Kindles with touchscreens I opted for the 3rd gen one with a physical keyboard and added a matching 3-led Ozeri Kandle II reading light. Put a dozen or so free classic books on it (plus the one I bought for my iPad that I sold off), added a few mp3 albums, and sent an email via free worldwide 3g wireless.
smile.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #1,620 of 4,134
Well after the melting of my E7, I took it as a chance for a small upgrade in the DAC department:

I had been hoping to maybe get a higher priced one later this year, but one of my USB ports got fried on my laptop, so I had to get that repaired instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back