Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Apr 29, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #3,961 of 5,379
No pics yet, but just ordered the stuff to get my Rega P2 up and running again. VTA adjustment collar, Grado Prestige Black, and the stainless stub and weight from an RB-300 arm to replace the silly plastic coated screw one on my RB-250.

Also got a decent alignment plate coming and a digital stylus force scale. Gonna be back up and jamming in no time.

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #3,962 of 5,379

Congrats!

Apr 30, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #3,963 of 5,379
No pics yet, but just ordered the stuff to get my Rega P2 up and running again. VTA adjustment collar, Grado Prestige Black, and the stainless stub and weight from an RB-300 arm to replace the silly plastic coated screw one on my RB-250.

Also got a decent alignment plate coming and a digital stylus force scale. Gonna be back up and jamming in no time.

It's such a romantic hobby I think. Just nursing the best sound out of a turntable, an art and a science. I still have fond memories of spending whole summer days playing my parents Moody Blues records. Turntables generate an alternative reality.

Congrats!

Apr 30, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #3,964 of 5,379

New to me, 30th Anniversary VPI Classic.  If you have never seen one in person, it's hard to explain how massive this thing is. 

Unfortunately, the Grado Sonata will probably have to go due to hum on the first 1-3 songs.  I have a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood and Goldring 2400 on the way to check out.

Apr 30, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #3,965 of 5,379

New to me, 30th Anniversary VPI Classic.  If you have never seen one in person, it's hard to explain how massive this thing is. 

Unfortunately, the Grado Sonata will probably have to go due to hum on the first 1-3 songs.  I have a Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood and Goldring 2400 on the way to check out.

Impressive.  Congratulations!  Too bad about the Grado.  What green vinyl are you playing in the pic?

Apr 30, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #3,968 of 5,379

Wow. Looks like I could get placebo affecting judgment just by watching that silver platter go round and round.

So nice. enjoy!

Apr 30, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #3,970 of 5,379
  Still waiting for my glow in the dark Prodigy for my next pic. Oops spoilers!

Or not. This just came in. Sorry I will get a better camera sometime.

Hohokum OST

Also those 2 LPs for $1 from Bandcamp arrived today. (glad this was cheap)

Apr 30, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #3,971 of 5,379

Still waiting for my glow in the dark Prodigy for my next pic. Oops spoilers!

Or not. This just came in. Sorry I will get a better camera sometime.

Hohokum OST

Also those 2 LPs for $1 from Bandcamp arrived today.

That is some wild ***** vinyl!

Apr 30, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #3,972 of 5,379
this is the crop of my harvest of the last 2 weeks. Really not bad. Some are quite old. One (Annie Fisher) was partly rotten on the back due to moisture but the LP was Ex. But hey, I got that one for free! I am also really pleased with the Arrau Beethoven set, Philips plum mono luxury box with hardwood spine and gold lettering. And one more quirky Westminster Gold cover (4 voices).

And since this is a picture thread... I thought I would let the colours shine through on black vinyl. Like a clarion in rainbow colours. I really can't get more dynamic contrast out of an 8bit RGB. Not the easiest photo to take but the result is quite pleasing to me (only cropped in Photoshop, nothing else, it's pure au naturel). It's 1920x1080 so you can use it as background if you want.

Oops, I lied, I used burn to push my DAC (upper left) to the background. The white cable was just a slight bit to visible.

Apr 30, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #3,973 of 5,379
NICE!  

More please.

May 1, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #3,974 of 5,379

This looks serious - congrats. VPIs are rare over here - how much does it weigh - the platter in particular ?

But it is a pity they did not allow for less than optimally shielded cartridges to be used - that hum is a no-go. Sonata is such a nice sounding cartridge ... IIRC, it has been jumping from table to table at your place, wasnt' it ?

May 1, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #3,975 of 5,379
this ok? full HD

Look close!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back