Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
May 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #62 of 5,377
It's a little dusty...

Currently playing "Face the Music" (Electric Light Orchestra)

Technics SL-QD33 (1983 model) with Audio Technica 3003 cartridge. Probably one of my best flea market purchases ($15).

May 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #63 of 5,377
^ Nice. Love that UA logo on the LP label. You have a classic vintage turntable.

May 13, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #65 of 5,377

Quote:
^ Nice. Love that UA logo on the LP label. You have a classic vintage turntable.

Haha thanks. Doesn't quite compare with yours though 
wink.gif

May 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #66 of 5,377

Quote:
Some drop dead gorgeous tables in this thread, maybe one day.... :) 

In the meantime here's mine. Cartridges include an AT440Mla and an AT95E mounted in individual headshells and aligned with the Technics arc protractor from Vinyl Engine. Tracking force is set to 1.4 grams on both using a Shure SFG-2 Stylus Force Gauge. My phono preamp is a DIY RJM Audio Very Simple Phono Stage, I've been using it for more than a year and I'm very happy with it so far.

After some months of suffering with bad cartridges and misalignment, I'm finally really happy with the sound produced by this setup.

Ok, time to go back to Joe Pass' Virtuoso. Cheers!

Technics FTW!!! 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #67 of 5,377
May 15, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #68 of 5,377

Oracle Delphi mkIV, SME V, Dynavector 17D3 or Decca London Gold.

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #70 of 5,377
I always find myself looking at the picture of the Classic 3 in the Music Direct catalog a little longer than anything else.

Then I look over at my HW19 Jr and giggle.  
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #71 of 5,377

There are some very nice turntable setups on here! Mine definitely falls into the utilitarian mid-fi category.

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #72 of 5,377

Quote:
There are some very nice turntable setups on here! Mine definitely falls into the utilitarian mid-fi category.

Do I spy some Audioquest Colorado interconnects there? Always wondered if DBS made any difference. What do you think of such expensive ICs? 
eek.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #73 of 5,377
@Clayton SF , what turntable is that? It's very beautiful and simple yet elegant. Dare I ask a price?

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #75 of 5,377

Quote:

Do I spy some Audioquest Colorado interconnects there? Always wondered if DBS made any difference. What do you think of such expensive ICs? 
eek.gif

Thanks for asking. I have a lot of AQ cables in my current system. These are 1m 72v Colorado's I picked up new on ebay for $412/pair. They are beautiful cables other than the clunky DBS box. My turntable is plugged into the Mav D1 that has the LM4562, LT1364 opamp upgrades and the WE396A/2C51 tube. This combination sounds RICH and FULL yet very articulate and sophisticated at the same time.

Many people on here say that cables don't make a difference. Well I think they do. For example after reading this advice I purchased a set of BJC 1m interconnects for an A/B comparison with the AQ King Cobra. I'm still trying to figure out where to plug the BJC in so it can burn in for a while (maybe my cable box). I had to take them out of the system because they hurt my ears and this is against the moderately priced King Cobra. I'm sure the BJC will smooth out after some burn-in. BJC is local to me and I want to like them.

Another interesting thing about the Colorado's is they really didn't require any burn in at all. They have subtly improved over time and I've heard this is a function of the DBS technology. I invested in the Colorado because this is the primary link from my turntable, iPod, CDP, and PC into my main speaker system and I've had good luck with AQ cables so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back