Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Jul 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #91 of 5,380
Quote:Originally Posted by Redcarmoose 

"As far as source components go these are both old fashion and new. The turntable is made of many materials and is configured in many ways. They would have to be the oldest way of producing music in the home along with musical instruments. They end up being very fascinating for some and can be frustrating for many. Post your table photographs if you own one."

if I ever got a 'table it'll be the Scout. I know I'm anal retentive but your LP needs a cleaning. lol

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #92 of 5,380
Good eyes! I don't think ever cleaner that one?
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #93 of 5,380
I picked up this AT-LP120 about two months ago because I had been itching for a good deck ever since I moved out of my dads house 3 years ago. He had an incredible stereo system and about 500 LPs he would let us listen to whenever we wanted.

It's a cheap table, as I am of few means. However, for its price it performs very well and has a few nice features.

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #94 of 5,380
those are not cheap tables

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #96 of 5,380

Quote:
if I ever got a 'table it'll be the Scout.

Make sure to read about comparisons between the Scout and Classic.  I wanted to freshen up my front end, and wanting to stick with the VPI brand the Scout was considered until I started reading up on the both of them.

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #97 of 5,380
Yeah I would go for a Classic as well. I have a ScoutMaster, which I really like a lot, but if I were to get a VPI now I would get a Classic. Not because of anything I do not like about the ScoutMaster - I have been completely happy with it and I think it's an excellent deck. But from all I have read, the Classic is even better.

Jul 9, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #98 of 5,380
Quote:Originally Posted by Skylab 

"Yeah I would go for a Classic as well. I have a ScoutMaster, which I really like a lot, but if I were to get a VPI now I would get a Classic. Not because of anything I do not like about the ScoutMaster - I have been completely happy with it and I think it's an excellent deck. But from all I have read, the Classic is even better."

Going back to vinyl isn't in my immediate future. The thought of how expensive it would be to repurchase my library in LPs is one reason I'm putting it off. Also if it were a choice between the Scoutmaster and Classic I'd seriously think about the Classic. The Scout, though, is quite a bit less expensive than the Classic. Even the Scout II is a bit cheaper. Since I won't have an unlimited budget the excellent Scout would have to do.

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #99 of 5,380
Ross, Pink Floyd was MADE to be played on Vinyl :D

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #101 of 5,380
Jul 9, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #103 of 5,380
Seeing as my TT is direct drive, the whole concept of having to change a belt is somewhat alien to me 
biggrin.gif
 I'm not really sure which one is better though (direct vs belt drive).

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #104 of 5,380
Brand new, and I'm loving it! VPI Scout II with a Grado Sonata Reference cartridge. The cartridge is played in from my previous turntable, so the whole thing is just humming along.

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #105 of 5,380
Pro-Ject Xperience Classic Olivewood with Sumiko Blue Point No. 2 cartridge and Bren1 record clamp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back