Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable
Jun 16, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #76 of 5,377

[size=medium]
Quote:
Originally Posted by milosolo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Many people on here say that cables don't make a difference. Well I think they do. 

I believe cables make a difference too. I can hear the subtle differences in presentation between my Kimber PJB and Synergistic Research cables. It's definitely hard to justify buying a cable that costs more than my turntable though! 

[/size]

Jun 21, 2011 at 5:51 AM Post #81 of 5,377
That's an eclectic deck collection 
biggrin.gif
  Nice Thorens, what model is it?  I love the simplicity of early idler transcription decks.

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #82 of 5,377

Quote:
That's an eclectic deck collection 
biggrin.gif
  Nice Thorens, what model is it?  I love the simplicity of early idler transcription decks.

The idler Thorens is a TD-111 with an Ortofon arm.  Same motor/belt/pully drive system as the TD-124, but single speed and different bearing/spindle/platter.  A real sleeper.

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #85 of 5,377

Quote:
@Gitbags How do you like that cartridge vs the one that came with the RP3?

I don't feel I could give a fair comparison between the two. You see the cart that came with the deck (bought second hand) was an original grey body rega elys so it had a fair few hours on it and wasn't in the best condition. But if I had to I'd say I much prefer the 2m blue. To me it is more detailed, probably due to better instrument separation than the rega and has better bass. But considering the age of the rega cart I just wanted rid for safety's sake more than a upgrade.

Oh and it looks much prettier in the headshell
biggrin.gif

Cheers.

Jul 4, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #86 of 5,377
I just pulled the trigger on one of these, it should be a big improvement on my 2m Red and finally give my GCPH something to do as it's only 0.25 mV:

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #87 of 5,377
^ Cool. I have one of those too but I haven't used it yet. I'm waiting for my DL-160 to wear down to a nub. I hate changing cartridges on my MMF-9.1. I almost yanked the leads off its solder and out of the arm the last time I replaced my cartridge.

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #89 of 5,377

Here is my baby. Needs to be cleaned!!! She just got upgraded to an Ortofon Jubilee, my first LOMC. Going to put one of my former carts for sale here today.

It is a Linn LP12/Rega RB-700/Ortofon Jubilee [sometimes and previously the Orotfon 2M Bronze]/Hercules II- Running through a Jolida JD-9A.

We have another LP12 here and two more Thorens TD-160s, but those are just sitting at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back