POSSIBLE SCAM: W11JPN on Yahoo! Japan Auctions
Apr 5, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #16 of 33
Well,

Let me know if you get yours. It could be my contact somehow pissed this guy off by asking for photographs/evidence before paying.

The guy's recent sales actually have one new line added to the same description. He's clearly not happy with my contact who asked for evidence of the two that he had bid and won on before sending payment. I told my guy that the seller could be legitimate (and in which case to buy all the JPN he has available), but to ask for some comfort before sending as it is odd one person would have 3 (at that time, I had only known of three) like-new W11JPN. I presume my contact was friendly/professional about it, but who knows, he could have just rubbed the seller the wrong way. I kinda doubt it though, but it is a possibility. Regardless the identical ads for at least five (5) identical "spare/back-up set W11JPN he's decided to sell because it's unused" is suspicious and in my mind merited some evidence that it was all legit.

Honestly, I wish I were still in Japan so I could take care of this myself...

Best of luck. I hope you've a nice little package coming to you. Either way, it's only $450 (well, a bit over $500 including shipping and all fees I presume you're paying.)

Best regard

-Jason

Apr 5, 2006 at 8:58 AM Post #17 of 33
Seems that headphone scams has finally catching up to Yahoo Japan's auctions. At first it was a pair of R10 (with RSA HR-2) and now multiple pairs of W11JPN. I guess future buyers has to be very aware and careful when they bid.

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #18 of 33
What a loser. He's cancelling orders (not just my guy, I saw he did it with another one) and leaving the bidders negative feedback that they cancelled the sale!

Okay, here's 7 so far. I think I might have seen but forgotten to record one (I swear I saw one on the 31st, but I could be mistaken).

3/29 http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n37174652
3/30 http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m29663677
3/30 http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k31767397
4/3 http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k31908715
4/4 http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r22727185
4/5 http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f44267203
4/6 http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f44301465

Oh well. If you check out the last one, he's saying that it's up for sale because a bidder who won the auction had failed to respond to his request for information, so he relisted it. He's saying this has happened to him 3 times now.
rolleyes.gif

The sad thing is that for the first sale, the guy I have in Tokyo did contact him immediately (with a question regarding condition), got an immediate response and organized all the details for transfer. He was just about to send the money (the seller won't take the usual Yahoo payment sytem) when I saw the 2nd for sale. I told my guy that it looked unusual, but if it was for real, I wanted to buy both, but also wanted some evidence (a picture of both together) before sending payment. That's when the seller cancelled the bids and left negative feedback.

For people bidding, I would alert any middleman you're using ASAP and stop payment immediately.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 6, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 33
I find it sad that people would actually put time into scamming people like this.

"Harhar! i h4v3 own3d y0ur acc0un7 g00d! now j00 hav3 n3gat1v3 f33dback!!"

Who actually devotes time to add negative feedback on various users of Yahoo Auctions... sad, very sad

Apr 14, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #20 of 33
I want to give an update to this thread. The deal actually went through and I now have a *NEW* W11JPN in my hand. They are totally new and being burn in at the moment. At first, I was very worried about the deal...but after three weeks of waiting the W11JPN finally arrived at my office this afternoon. Will post some pics later.

Apr 15, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
I want to give an update to this thread. The deal actually went through and I now have a *NEW* W11JPN in my hand. They are totally new and being burn in at the moment. At first, I was very worried about the deal...but after three weeks of waiting the W11JPN finally arrived at my office this afternoon. Will post some pics later.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. You are on my hit list. Say where do you say you live again?
rs1smile.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #24 of 33
Ah man...

I thought it was a freakin scam...too bad my middleman didn't go through with it..i don't think im gonna have another chance to snag a new pair for the price he was putting them up for.

Well, if you wind up not liking them...you know who you can sell them too
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
Ah man...

I thought it was a freakin scam...too bad my middleman didn't go through with it..i don't think im gonna have another chance to snag a new pair for the price he was putting them up for.

Well, if you wind up not liking them...you know who you can sell them too
wink.gif

Well thanks for thinking of me. Really you are so kind.
rs1smile.gif

Mulvelling>Tell you what, you put a hit on him. Grab the w11jpn's for me and I will return the w2002's to you
rs1smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Some yahoo was selling them for $50 downtown. Must of been desperate for a fix or something.

Apr 15, 2006 at 2:59 AM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
Well thanks for thinking of me. Really you are so kind.
rs1smile.gif

Mulvelling>Tell you what, you put a hit on him. Grab the w11jpn's for me and I will return the w2002's to you
rs1smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Some yahoo was selling them for $50 downtown. Must of been desperate for a fix or something.

Heh, you've had your turn to own them for a while...but now it's my time..Redwings, you just have to let them go...
biggrin.gif

Although a kind head-fier let me try them out...so ive heard them now, and guess what? Im not stopping till i find a near-mint or mint pair for myself! I like their fuzziness
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega
Heh, you've had your turn to own them for a while...but now it's my time..Redwings, you just have to let them go...
biggrin.gif

Although a kind head-fier let me try them out...so ive heard them now, and guess what? Im not stopping till i find a near-mint or mint pair for myself! I like their fuzziness
biggrin.gif

So what did you like about them? I know you use to own the l3k's and w100's before. How did you find them compared to the L3k's?

Apr 15, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #28 of 33
Cool, congrats Purk! I'm glad he turned out not to be a scammer. I also corresponded with someone else in Japan who got a W11JPN from the same seller. Guess there really was a guy who had a few spares sitting around. I can't say I'm too disappointed I didn't go through with the deal - it really was too fishy for me to move on. But I guess for those with guts, it paid off!

Best,

-Jason

Apr 15, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #29 of 33
GoRedwings19,

I will give the W11JPN another chance to impress me. I auditioned the W11JPN about 1.5 years back thanks to Strohmie. My system back then was a max PPA as an amp and SACDmods Sony SCD-C555ES as a source. My impression of the W11JPN was that the midbass is a little bit too strong and the vocal is slightly thick to my taste.

I will visit Mulveling tomorrow and I will check out his HP-2 and Melos gold combo. We will also have a shoot out b/w the Meridian G-08 and my Richard Kern modded Sony SCD-777ES.

jjcha,

It was such a relief for me. In fact, I know that the deal was good about 5 days ago, b/c SMJ took some pics of the package and send them to my e-mail. The SMJ deputy mentioned that there were 2 W11JPNs at their office last week, so the seller must have more than one W11JPNs.

Apr 15, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #30 of 33
double post

Users who are viewing this thread

Back