POSSIBLE SCAM: W11JPN on Yahoo! Japan Auctions
Apr 15, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
So what did you like about them? I know you use to own the l3k's and w100's before. How did you find them compared to the L3k's?

I used to think the W100's were something special. They still are great headphones, but once i got the L3k and the W11JPN, my perspective changed. Let's just say the W100's lacked a certain character that the others had.

Even though i really like the JPN, ill still say the L3k is my favorite. It's too bad i couldn't afford to keep them..otherwise, they would be my only headphone to last me for a long time. But since the L3k's are more expensive than the JPN's, i figured i'd just try and snag a pair of JPN's, since they have a similar sound tonally. The L3k's have better detail, bass, ect..but the JPN is something special. The highs and mids are very sweet and pleasant sounding..it's a very fun, musical headphone. The one thing i wished the W11JPN had is the fowardness of the L3k's..that's the thing i miss most about them..the intimacy was amazing. Hopefully, ill buy the L3k's again, and own a JPN as well sometime in the future..then id be set
biggrin.gif

Congrats Purk, you got a sweet deal on those JPN's..i bet you'll enjoy them this time around.

Apr 15, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:

Congrats Purk, you got a sweet deal on those JPN's..i bet you'll enjoy them this time around.

Yes, I think the W11JPN will sound better this time around. The L3Ks don't sound that great with my sacdmods 555ES either, but they do sound great with the modwright Pioneer and really amazing with my Richard Kern Modded 777ES. So maybe W11JPN didn't mate well with my source last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back