POSSIBLE SCAM: W11JPN on Yahoo! Japan Auctions
Apr 4, 2006 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

jjcha

Headphoneus Supremus
Apr 4, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #2 of 33
wow, yet more?

Apr 4, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 33
ouch hopefully no one bit on those and god scammed.

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 33
Wierd, he has good feedback, and seems to have successfully sold some ultrasone headphones too. Maybe he has like 5 backup pairs?
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 33
thank goodness you posted...after hearing your's in NJ i would bite on anything!

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
This guy has posted at least 5 of these now. Same description - backup pair that he's selling, basically like-new with box. Same style too, low "buy-it-now" price at JPY50,000, so these deals usually close in hours.

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f44267203
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r22727185

PM me if you see any more. Otherwise, I would stay far far away.

Best,

-Jason

Dammit, I have been rumbled...
very_evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif

Looks like your JPN's ain't going anywhere, matey.

Apr 5, 2006 at 5:16 AM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
Wierd, he has good feedback, and seems to have successfully sold some ultrasone headphones too. Maybe he has like 5 backup pairs?
tongue.gif

Unfortunately that's not the case. I suspect someone might have hacked the account, or our seller has fallen upon bad times.

My contact in Tokyo has been in correspondence with the scamster, having actually won two of the bids. I actually authorized my contact to buy every and all JPN the seller has available, but to hold payment until receipt of satisfactory evidence that the guy's for real.

But upon being asked for photographic evidence of at least the two units that were successfully bid upon by my contact, the seller canceled both bids and left negative feedback for my contact.

This is a clear scam. Be very careful. BTW, I saw yet same another scam by this same guy today. He doesn't stop.

Best,

-Jason

Apr 5, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Unfortunately that's not the case. I suspect someone might have hacked the account, or our seller has fallen upon bad times.

My contact in Tokyo has been in correspondence with the scamster, having actually won two of the bids. I actually authorized my contact to buy every and all JPN the seller has available, but to hold payment until receipt of satisfactory evidence that the guy's for real.

But upon being asked for photographic evidence of at least the two units that were successfully bid upon by my contact, the seller canceled both bids and left negative feedback for my contact.

This is a clear scam. Be very careful. BTW, I saw yet same another scam by this same guy today. He doesn't stop.

Best,

-Jason

That totally blows! I hope Yahoo Japan is better about poor feedback than eBay is... those bastards wash their hands with anything, as we all know.

Apr 5, 2006 at 5:40 AM Post #12 of 33
Heh, i thought it was too good to be true too..

But thanks to a little heads up from Jason, it was made clear that it was a scam. Usually, most of the sellers there are pretty trustworthy..this is the first time ive seen a potential scammer lurking.

Apr 5, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #13 of 33
Alright, well I hate to significantly complicate things here, and I'm sure jjcha is right with respect to the scam phones that he has had his buddy buy, but I bid on a pair from this seller on March 30 through shoppingmalljapan and shoppingmalljapan is now showing that the phones were received at their warehouse in Japan and furthermore, shoppingmalljapan has now left feedback for the seller. Now considering that I have spent the last 10 hours sick to my stomache over this, this is quite a development.

Unfortunately, I really won't be able to verify myself whats in the package he sent to SMJ until I get it in my hands - could be 1-2 weeks.

Meanwhile, my best guess is that I was able to buy the first pair that came up for sale, and either someone following that sale hacked his account and is now frying him and burning bidders, or he realized how quick his first pair went and has decided to become evil. But clearly some weird stuff is going on. I'll let you know when my possibly empty W11JPN box comes in. meh.
blink.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 5:52 AM Post #14 of 33
Congrats and hopefully all is good for you. FYI, I won the bid before yours on the 29th. You beat me out by two hours and won the one on the 30th. I lost the one on the 31st. My guy in Tokyo won the one on the 1st. We lost the one on the 2nd, at which time I had my guy offer to buy every and all JPN the seller claimed to have (pending some comfort/evidence that he actually had them). And by the seller's offering on the 3rd, we stopped bidding.

Best,

-Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back