Possible pair of counterfeit MDR-V700DJ
Apr 11, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #17 of 24
Those look authentic - most importantly, how do they sound?

Apr 12, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #18 of 24
concern should really matter if there is a significant difference between a genuine and a counterfeit, in my opinion.

personally, if the concern is raised that it's not created by Sony, and for THAT reason only, then I wouldn't bother, as long as it functions fine.You folks got me worked up, I checked my V150's and it's got a CE on the band, but my JVC's don't got em just says made in china..

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by AOS- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
concern should really matter if there is a significant difference between a genuine and a counterfeit, in my opinion.

That's exactly the point.

Still nothing on the sound, which is the giveaway.
[size=xx-small]Purportedly, though I admit I've never heard a fake one so I have to go by what those who supposedly heard a fake one say to an extent. =P[/size]

Oct 2, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #21 of 24
Well, I just snagged a pair of "V700DJs" off a chinese ebay seller with similarly high ratings. It was less than $30 and took a month to arrive. However, everything that is commonly referred to as signs of fakes don't match up. 

The jack has green insulators and the adapter screws on. 

The cable is a dull rubber, and feels very solid. 

General construction is strong. 

Sound is much better than my cheap XD200s from Amazon. Don't have any awesome phones to compare it too, but I'm more than satisfied with the sound. 

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #24 of 24
Have a pair of these purchased when they first came out in UK, unfortunately don't have box/manuals/bag anymore so can't really help with comparisons. What I do know is that the cup swivel units on the originals are a bit ***** when it comes to longevity, had to wrap them with locking wire as they started splitting.

They were used for about 2 years as spares in a club for idiots who forgot to remember their own, then they got retired and I use them for home listening or gaming and they are absolutely spot on sound wise for anything I throw at them.

Anyway, main reason I thought I would pipe up is to ask if anyone has seen the fakes available anywhere as I'm interested in buying a pair to replace said swivels and 30 quid or so is cheaper then the £100 that Sony wanted for the headband and swivels which must be purchased as a unit!

Alternatively, what suggestions for a pair of home use only open head speakers for less than £100, I like my music to be fairly bass heavy if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back