PortaPros vs. Re0s
Aug 28, 2010 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

legodt

100+ Head-Fier
Having used PortaPros for a very long time, I am considering upgrading to IEMs for their superior portability. Is their an audible difference between the PortaPros and the Re0s?

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 8
Sure!
But they are completely different: the porta pro has a fun warm sound, quite bass heavy actually while the RE-0 is far more precise, detailed, but also balanced, which means you could find them flat coming from the porta pro. However, I would say they are technically far superior than the Koss.
Just bear in mind that the sound signature is completely different.

Aug 28, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Is there a store that demos IEMs?

If you mean physical shop, if so there are many all around the world.
smile_phones.gif
Where are you at?

Aug 29, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Having used PortaPros for a very long time, I am considering upgrading to IEMs for their superior portability. Is their an audible difference between the PortaPros and the Re0s?

There is a great difference between the two. As mentioned above, the Re0's are have much more emphasis on the sparkly high end; the bass is light. This sound signature is quite different to the Portapro's which have boomy, bloated  bass in comparison. If you liked the the Portapros, I'd reccommend looking at other iems. At the price point that I think you're looking at, take a look into: HJE900, Hippo VB, NuForce NE-6, Klipsch S4 or VSonic R02Pro2. 

Sep 4, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #7 of 8
It's unlikely that many shops outside of Asia would have the RE0s to demo, they're just not quite mainstream enough.
Did you check out Joker's IEM comparison thread? It's worth looking through to find something in your price range that suits your tastes.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-102-iems-compared-meelectronics-m11-and-hippo-shroom-added-09-01/

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 8
I bought some Maximo iM-590's and they are really pretty good. But I still find my portapro being my go to headphone in every circumstance other than when i need isolation(mowing the grass). I just don't think you can beat open-air when it comes to SQ no matter how expensive the IEM's are there should be some open air headphones in the same price range that are better. Just my .02 cents. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back