Portable tube amp from china?
Apr 5, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #436 of 916
Anybody bothered by the spelling mistake?

I thought it was just one but it is the whole batch I think.

yM5vhFL_d.jpg
Where is it?

Apr 9, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #438 of 916
Can I utilize the full potential of these with an HD58X? Zeos says that it needs high impedance, inefficient cans to work properly, but I see a lot of low impedance cans in the thread above. Also, what's the difference between the sound of the B4, B5 and the B1+? The B4 looks the coolest, window and all, and also has modding potential, but is also significantly more expensive than the other two (the B5 is ridiculously cheap on Aliexpress at ~$53)

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #439 of 916
Can I utilize the full potential of these with an HD58X? Zeos says that it needs high impedance, inefficient cans to work properly, but I see a lot of low impedance cans in the thread above. Also, what's the difference between the sound of the B4, B5 and the B1+? The B4 looks the coolest, window and all, and also has modding potential, but is also significantly more expensive than the other two (the B5 is ridiculously cheap on Aliexpress at ~$53)

Yes you can use the full potential of these with the HD58X. I would say that you probably won't notice much of the clarity this thing can provide with those headphones unmodded though. I prefer my Audio Technicas to the 58X. I found the 58X muddy and a bit too midrange forward for my tastes. The ATs also are low impedance but they definitely use more power when you want to reproduce sub-bass. I don't have any equipment to measure impedance but I would wager it goes up depending on the strength of the bass signal you're sending. I tend to listen to bassier music, mostly EDM but some hip hop. The 58X is good for rock and roll, but it didn't knock my socks off either. Maybe they need to be modded to really work right. Out of the box they weren't my favorites. I honestly didn't get a whole lot of warmth from the B4X on the HD58X, but they're already pretty warm to begin with. I feel like the Audio Technicas were close and too clinical without an amp and the Little Bear made them warmer and wider and especially with the Burson op amps, they ride the line between clinical and dynamic very very well. You can especially hear the difference on tracks like Fn Pig on Where's the Drop, where the strings and horns swell and crescendo, the tubes clearly add something to classical instruments.

I haven't modded my 58X Jubilee's but I'm also not planning on keeping them either, since their sub bass in particular is just not what I'm looking for in a pair of headphones.

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #440 of 916
Yes you can use the full potential of these with the HD58X. I would say that you probably won't notice much of the clarity this thing can provide with those headphones unmodded though. I prefer my Audio Technicas to the 58X. I found the 58X muddy and a bit too midrange forward for my tastes. The ATs also are low impedance but they definitely use more power when you want to reproduce sub-bass. I don't have any equipment to measure impedance but I would wager it goes up depending on the strength of the bass signal you're sending. I tend to listen to bassier music, mostly EDM but some hip hop. The 58X is good for rock and roll, but it didn't knock my socks off either. Maybe they need to be modded to really work right. Out of the box they weren't my favorites. I honestly didn't get a whole lot of warmth from the B4X on the HD58X, but they're already pretty warm to begin with. I feel like the Audio Technicas were close and too clinical without an amp and the Little Bear made them warmer and wider and especially with the Burson op amps, they ride the line between clinical and dynamic very very well. You can especially hear the difference on tracks like Fn Pig on Where's the Drop, where the strings and horns swell and crescendo, the tubes clearly add something to classical instruments.

I haven't modded my 58X Jubilee's but I'm also not planning on keeping them either, since their sub bass in particular is just not what I'm looking for in a pair of headphones.
I already have the 58X lol, but good to see these will work with those. Do you have the other tube amps I mentioned though? Would you even recommend a tube with the 58X or am I better off with the Fiio Q1 Mk2?

Apr 9, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #441 of 916
I already have the 58X lol, but good to see these will work with those. Do you have the other tube amps I mentioned though? Would you even recommend a tube with the 58X or am I better off with the Fiio Q1 Mk2?

No, just the one. I will also say that if you walk a lot and listen to quieter music you will definitely hear the microphonics of these tubes while walking. It doesn't bug me, but it may bug you.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #444 of 916
Decided to return my Little Bear B4-x before I received my Burson v5i Dual opamps, so can sell the Bursons to anyone interested once I receive. Can sell for base peice of $69 as listed on their site including PP and shipping, saving the buyer $15 on shipping and you'll have a shorter delivery time within the US. PM if interested!

Apr 22, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #445 of 916
I’m thinking to get one b4-x just for IEMS but previously I had issues with very sensitive iems(hissing).

Anyone can recommend me the best and suitable IEMS for B4-X that doesn’t cause any hissing?

My budget is £100 to £200

Last edited:
May 1, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #446 of 916
Decided to return my Little Bear B4-x before I received my Burson v5i Dual opamps, so can sell the Bursons to anyone interested once I receive. Can sell for base peice of $69 as listed on their site including PP and shipping, saving the buyer $15 on shipping and you'll have a shorter delivery time within the US. PM if interested!

May I ask why

May 1, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #447 of 916
May I ask why
Bought it for home use as I don't have a dedicated listening spot/room where I can plug in a desktop amplifier to yet. But, turns out I don't have much time to listen at home anyways, so most of my listening is done during my commute. And it's unusable during my commute due to WiFi/cell interference along with vibrations from walking and the train.

Also my IEMs are very sensitive (EE Phantom) and the headphones I tried them with are also very sensitive (iBasso SR1, 22ohm), so too high a noise floor.

Otherwise it sounded nice when I did get to try with the SR1 at home, but didn't use it enough.

May 1, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #448 of 916
Got the Burson opamps today and immediately installed them in the "daul" mono little bear. What a difference. Makes the DX120 and HP-3 phones sound like units at five times the price, okay maybe I exaggerate a little but I also have the Klipsch amp and it doesn't even come close. I just can't imagine a better sounding deal for less than $200.

May 10, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #449 of 916
Got the email from Burson, 48hr sale on the V5i opamps. $70 shipped. Just ordered

Users who are viewing this thread

Back