Portable Sabaj Amp/DACs
Feb 14, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #62 of 86
Keep us updated on how those Amperex puppies do or do not change the quality, won't ya..I got that little amp too, but have not replaced tubes - as yet. The Chinese ones look so big compared to those in my Nobsound pre-amp/amp pairing, which are Mullards and Teslas respectively. Do 6J9s come in different sizes, or what ?

Feb 16, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #63 of 86
Keep us updated on how those Amperex puppies do or do not change the quality, won't ya..I got that little amp too, but have not replaced tubes - as yet. The Chinese ones look so big compared to those in my Nobsound pre-amp/amp pairing, which are Mullards and Teslas respectively. Do 6J9s come in different sizes, or what ?
From the research I did the 6J9's = 6688's = E180F's

http://www.audiotubes.com/chinese.htm
US: 6688 = European E180F, E280F (this is closer to a 7722), EF861 = Chinese 6J9P = Russian 6J11, 6J11P, 6J11P-E, 6ZH11P-E

Feb 20, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #66 of 86
Dear Mr Awesome! Is it possible you could be a tad more specific? What would you say has changed exactly, soundwise ?

For me personally I feel the sound is a bit warner and I feel like everything has a more detail. Could that be BS, maybe as I am pretty new to the tube amp scene. So take it for what it's worth. At a minimum I have a spare set of tubes now. And let's face it, a tube amp on my desk at work just looks "cool". That's gotta add some "performance" alone. LOL!!

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #67 of 86
Hello again all ...don't know who's paying attention here anymore, but I would very much like to invite suggestions for what type of straight digital amp might pair best with my Sabaj DA3 DAC? (One that might even make it easiest to safely connect from the 2.5mm balanced output of that DAC and not just the unbalanced ?)

I was thinking JDS Atom or the Liquid Spark perhaps, but does anyone here have any direct experience with using a Sabaj DA3 plus amp combination/stack? Haha it wouldn't be much of a ''''stack" given its tiny size, of course !

I"m HOPING that with such a combo I can get the very clean sound of the Sabaj boosted by the voluminous reserves of a cracker little power amp ?

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #70 of 86
Does DA3 has the same compatability issues as DA2 had with some of the smartphones?

It's not recommended to use Da3 with phones at all, because it needs more current than common phones can provide. It's a desktop product.

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #72 of 86
No I didn't. I used to have Topping NX4 at the same time so never felt the need to do such kind of thing.

Nov 17, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #73 of 86
Hey,
Has anyone compared DA3 with SMSL IQ and can confirm that these are the same products that sound the same, differing only in appearance and additional battery in IQ?

Mar 18, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #74 of 86
Ok it doesn't matter. I'm using it with balanced Sennheiser HD545. My god, that small box sound really nice. I don't feel I need external amp or more expensive dac/combo. Se sound slighty better than AQ DF Black, but balanced output really makes difference.

Peace

Mar 18, 2020 at 1:58 AM Post #75 of 86
hellooo..i desperately need help selecting the correct 2.5mm cable/plug for the balanced output of my Sabaj DA3. Have had one communication disaster after another with Ali X sellers in pursuit of same. Strangely enough, even the Sabaj store itself is incredibly unhelpful in this regard.The latest cable I received (TRN) had three blue 'contact rings' on the plug and failed to work at all. I think the correct one will have two. Is this right? If someone could be kind enough to link me directly to the correct item for sale. I'd be reeeeal happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back