++PORTABLE/IEM RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a new thread: ask for advice HERE! [Please read OP]
Oct 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #136 of 190
Quote:
Thinking of getting a pair of $300 portable headphones, no idea which to get though. Don't need to be incredibly portable (just enough to move around with), need some decent isolation (nothing incredible, just something to block out some noise), good sound quality, and no need for an amp to sound good.
Been looking into the V-moda m100's, but they don't come out for a little while, and apparently it's a tad overpriced for the quality

I am more interested in the Sony MDR-1R myself. Look them up.

Oct 30, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #137 of 190
Quote:
Do anyone here have both HiFiMan HE-400 and Yamaha EPH-100?

Sorry, only the HE-400s here.

Quote:
Thinking of getting a pair of $300 portable headphones, no idea which to get though. Don't need to be incredibly portable (just enough to move around with), need some decent isolation (nothing incredible, just something to block out some noise), good sound quality, and no need for an amp to sound good.
Been looking into the V-moda m100's, but they don't come out for a little while, and apparently it's a tad overpriced for the quality

Can't go wrong with the classic portable choices: HD25-1 and DT1350. Can only vouch for the HD25-1s, though (no experience with the Beyers)

Oct 30, 2012 at 3:42 AM Post #138 of 190

Without knowing what sound you are looking for I can tell you the following are great portable headphones:

DT1350 -- it will be hard for you NOT to like these.

Phiaton MS400 -- The most comfortable on ear headphone I have every owned. They did a wonderful job in this model for good bass extension, impact and quality for a portable.

HD25-1 II -- As mentioned already just a great sounding headphone and very portable and durable.

Vmoda M80 -- I was impressed with these little guys. Very small and seemed fairly comfy. Not a bass lovers portable at all. Decent mids and detail.

The B&W P5 is acutally a VERY nice sounding portable. They have unique ear pads that are real leather. The build quality is like artwork but not just a good looking phone they actually have impressive sound.

Check out each of those. You can't really go wrong with any of them. .

Oct 30, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #142 of 190
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a heavy bass portable headphone and I heard good things about the Noontec Zoro. But I think this one is a flat headphone. I already have a ATH M50 and the bass is ok for me (a little bit more would be better). Do you guys think this noontec zoro would be a good one to buy? I'm afraid I will miss bass on this one...
Thanks!!

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #143 of 190
Hey,

I'm looking for a pair of IEMs with a sound similar to the SRH840. Isolation and comfort are important; as for build quality, as long as it doesn't look too cheap. My price range is below $100, preferably below $70.

Thanks.

Oct 30, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #144 of 190
Quote:
Hello everyone!
I'm looking for a heavy bass portable headphone and I heard good things about the Noontec Zoro. But I think this one is a flat headphone. I already have a ATH M50 and the bass is ok for me (a little bit more would be better). Do you guys think this noontec zoro would be a good one to buy? I'm afraid I will miss bass on this one...
Thanks!!

Can be used as a portable but I would look into a Ultrasone . HFI-580. Or DJ1. Both are the same headphones. More bass than your M50 and will drive easily on a dap.
Quote:
Hey,

I'm looking for a pair of IEMs with a sound similar to the SRH840. Isolation and comfort are important; as for build quality, as long as it doesn't look too cheap. My price range is below $100, preferably below $70.

Thanks.

Try out a new Sony MH1C for $20.

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #146 of 190
Can be used as a portable but I would look into a Ultrasone . HFI-580. Or DJ1. Both are the same headphones. More bass than your M50 and will drive easily on a dap.

Thanks for the reply! But I was looking for a more portable one since I already have a "big" headphone...
Any other sugestion?

Oct 30, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #147 of 190
Right.

And as Ill be using it with ipods I should be getting the lowest impedance as possible, like the 32 or 80 ohms. Is that correct?

You should minimally get the fiio E6 amp with the L3 LOD cable.

Better still you should get the E11 or similar. But the e6 is very small if that is an issue for you. The 32ohm is hard to find and isn't made right now. You aren't going to get your money's worth out of them without an amp.

The phiaton ms400 is very nice in comfort if you are looking for portablility and comfort. They have a much different sound though. A little laid back in the highs in comparison. Nice midrange and very good bass extension and quantity if you like bass.

I listen to my 770's at home.

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #148 of 190

Quote:

They seem to be geared toward mobile device use. I'm looking for something that is more for music only, despite using only an iPod nano. Are there any other suggestions?

Nov 1, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #149 of 190
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsnuts 

They seem to be geared toward mobile device use. I'm looking for something that is more for music only, despite using only an iPod nano. Are there any other suggestions?

I can assure you, you should treat it as a music only iem.
They have flat cables, heavy and bulky, the remote is useless with ipods, all they got going is sound and HOLY CRAP, do they sound good.

Well, you mentioned comfort, I guess MH1C ain't gonna work.

I think the Yamaha EPH-100 might suit you well. Nice mids, slightly elevated midbass, fairly resolving but smooth and non-fatiguing highs. Warm and dynamic, musical iem but not the typical V-shaped FR.

They are extremely comfortable and have one of the best isolation of any iem that I've tried, and does very well even without an amp.

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #150 of 190
looking to spend around $300-400 on a pair of iems. mostly listen to edm - house, deep house, progressive house, classic/melodic trance, trip hop, drum and bass, lounge, chillout, etc. - and have no real preference on a signature. not too much a fan of overpowering/invasive bass. was looking at um3x, but dont wanna pull the trigger without some insight/advice.

music source - probs just computer and my phone although ill probably end up getting a sansa clip eventually. i source high quality rips - V0 standard, sometimes flac.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back