1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Portable IEM DAC/Amp Under $1k

1. riverred105
    I’m a long time audiophile/enthusiast looking for the best portable headphone dac/amp under $1k

For my current setup I use an ifi xdsd to drive the latest ety, audeo pfe 232, and Heir 8.a. (I also have campfire Solaris and Hyla TE-5B on the way). The goal for the next two or three years is to upgrade to a Hugo 2 (or something in that price point and feature set).

In the meantime, I am looking for advice regarding portable DACs (excluding mojo/poly) less than $1k. I’d be very appreciative for input.

Among this price range, I’m also curious about the Mcintosh MHA50 and iQube v5. There is a dearth of reviews for these two (which could be for a reason if their performance is poor). Does anyone have feedback regarding how these stack up to the chord mojo or ifi xdsd/BL Micro?

I welcome any and all suggestions for the sub $1k range portables. Wireless connectivity is plus; I enjoy neutral to slightly warm sound, and place a premium on 3D sound staging. I’m looking for more than a slight/subtle improvement over the xdsd, and I can wait if needed for the Hugo 2 if there is not anything in this price range.