Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
Dec 17, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #197 of 704
Coming soon, MASS-Kobo model 395 in early December with IEM-friendly design thanks to the Low/Hi gain switch

http://www.masskobo.com/jpn/sale/sale.htm

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=529248267152373&set=a.177565832320620

85,000 yen plus tax for domestic orders and 84,000 yen for international ones.

LR6ZYFx.jpg

I have information from Masskobo for the new Mass Ko Bo 395 as follow :

For owner Mass Ko Bo 385 can sleep well after read this info :D

Sound quality mass Ko Bo 385 and 395 are identical

The different are

Low Gain : if you use BA iems , the hiss is the same when you hear with headphone at 385

High Gain : is the same between 385 and 395

Masada San told me , if I don't hear with BA driver iem , no need to buy Mass Ko Bo 395

I hope this info help the owner from mass Ko Bo 385

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #198 of 704
I can concur with Rudi. If you have the 385, there isnt a great need to change to the 395. The low gain switch pretty much eliminates the hiss but there is a slight tradeoff in terms of power. Switch to high gain and it pretty much is like the 385. Some say the 395 has a slightly bigger soundstage but I didnt get that impression.

Dec 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #199 of 704
I can concur with Rudi. If you have the 385, there isnt a great need to change to the 395. The low gain switch pretty much eliminates the hiss but there is a slight tradeoff in terms of power. Switch to high gain and it pretty much is like the 385. Some say the 395 has a slightly bigger soundstage but I didnt get that impression.

He said sq is the same between 385 and 395 , I won't buy 395 , the improvement only at low and high gain setting

Dec 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #201 of 704
  Yes. I was more interested in Wagnus's offering this time. His ICs offer so much combinations that I am tempted to mod my AK100 to RWAK100S just for a pure transport.

Wagnuis in term of SQ is my best Portable amp , i hope this new Quatro V Amp Sq is better tha Wagnius Epsilon S

Did you tried on Mook this new Wagnus Amp?

Dec 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #202 of 704
I did but I was using unfamiliar equipment and had only a short amount of time,

AK100 stock - Wagnus vintage series blue/grey IC - Epsilon S - Sputnik IC - Quattro V - 1964v6

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #203 of 704
Yesterday I have the chance to hear New Wagnus MAD - BK from my friend Sid from singapore.
Below is the comparison between MAD and my Wagnus Epsilon S

Wagnus Epsilon Mad sq is warmer than my Wagnus Epsilon

High : is not detail and clean and clear as my mine
Mid : is sound fuller but not as clean and clear as mine
Bass : is not so detail and clean as mine
Separation : mine is better , Wagnus Epsilon S MAD is not so good
Soundstage : mine is wider and deeper than Wagnus Epsilon S MAD

Overall my Wagnus Epsilon S is better than the new Wagnus Epsilon MAD

Power wise Wagnus Epsilon MAD slightly more than mine

Physical : Wagnus Epsilon MAD is bigger than Wagnus Epsilon S
Wagnus Epsilon MAD has better volume pot than mine

IMO

Dec 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #204 of 704
If I am not wrong, Wagnus brought only one unit of the Epsilon S Mad-Bk to the recent Mook Festival in Singapore and Sid must have bought it on the first day. It is basically a standard Wagnus Epsilon S with bigger battery capacity. There could be some internal changes that I am not aware of. But it is rather surprising to find sonic differences between the two amps.

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #205 of 704
If I am not wrong, Wagnus brought only one unit of the Epsilon S Mad-Bk to the recent Mook Festival in Singapore and Sid must have bought it on the first day. It is basically a standard Wagnus Epsilon S with bigger battery capacity. There could be some internal changes that I am not aware of. But it is rather surprising to find sonic differences between the two amps.

Yes Sid friend bought at the first day , now Sid bring to Indonesia the Epsilon S Mad Bk
We noticed sq different , maybe the internal is the same like the blue knob not like the red knob with bigger battery capacity
We feel only bigger power than Wagnus Epsilon S, but SQ Wagnus Epsilon Sis better than Wagnus Epsilon S Mad BK
IMO

Dec 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #206 of 704
Yes Sid friend bought at the first day , now Sid bring to Indonesia the Epsilon S Mad Bk
We noticed sq different , maybe the internal is the same like the blue knob not like the red knob with bigger battery capacity
We feel only bigger power than Wagnus Epsilon S, but SQ Wagnus Epsilon Sis better than Wagnus Epsilon S Mad BK
IMO

Rudi, from my discussion with Tone Flake at Mook Festival, the bigger Epsilon is supposedly the better amp. He gave me the impression that the sound quality is better than the Epsilon S. Too bad I did not get to compare the S Mad Bk with the standard Epsilon S.

On another note, have you tried comparing the Wagnus Epsilon S with the stack consisting of ALO RX MK3 B + Venturecraft Go-DAP DD Ltd 12v + Ipod Classic? Since you have these devices, it would be interesting to hear your comparison 
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #207 of 704
Rudi, from my discussion with Tone Flake at Mook Festival, the bigger Epsilon is supposedly the better amp. He gave me the impression that the sound quality is better than the Epsilon S. Too bad I did not get to compare the S Mad Bk with the standard Epsilon S.

On another note, have you tried comparing the Wagnus Epsilon S with the stack consisting of ALO RX MK3 B + Venturecraft Go-DAP DD Ltd 12v + Ipod Classic? Since you have these devices, it would be interesting to hear your comparison :D

I have compared epsilon S and epsilon S mad bk
In term of sq I like more epsilon S
Epsilon S mad bk has better power SQ is warm and soundstage so narrow
Sid and Nico like more epsilon S than epsilon S mad bk
IMO

Wagnus epsilon S vs ALO Rx 3 b
Sq wise : Wagnus epsilon S is better
Power wise : ALO Rx 3 B has bigger power

Users who are viewing this thread

Back