Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
Oct 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #181 of 704
  Coming soon, MASS-Kobo model 395 in early December with IEM-friendly design thanks to the Low/Hi gain switch

http://www.masskobo.com/jpn/sale/sale.htm

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=529248267152373&set=a.177565832320620

85,000 yen plus tax for domestic orders and 84,000 yen for international ones.

LR6ZYFx.jpg

Thank you seeteeyou for your information
Power and Sq is that the same or better ?

Nov 11, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #188 of 704
Wagnus has new amp with blue volume knob is cheaper , in Japan the Wagnus Epsilon S with red volume knob is most wanted amp .
I think they make adapter as well , I have bought their mini to mini
Please visit Fujiavic as sole distributor for Wagnus in japan .

Does anyone know what the difference between the blue knob version and the "red knob" version are? This is the translation (to English) off of http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail22478.html

"Should be called the mother was the pre-sale of "Bialbero Epsilon S", "Epsilon". Driving engine operational amplifier specification rather than discrete. However, the full contents! Top-level model as "Epsilon S" to components other than the engine adjustment of SPP power has been optimized to match the drive of the op amp. 
Headphone volume also orthodox school of Precision detent volume adoption. 
This operation is a feeling of response. (There is a before and after of some depending on the frequency and type of battery state, the specification) to achieve 8 hours almost twice of "Epsilon S" is drive time. Normal batteries, 1 battery of high energy type of Eboruta etc. can also be used of course. Product Specifications Input: 3.5mm stereo output: 6.3mm stereo Impedance: 16 ~ 100Ω body: white anodized finish Vol knob: Blue anodized."

Nov 11, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #189 of 704
[Epsilon] is the predecessor of the [Bialbero Epsilon S]. Instead of the an amp with its own discrete circuit, the epsilon uses opamps. Besides that, both uses the same components.

That is as far as I get. It is interesting to see how much is the difference in SQ between the 2.

Nov 30, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #191 of 704
Is the sound manipulated if you use a dac/amp combo in the middle of the source and the wagnus? For instance: would it make sense to use the following:
IPhone 4S (using onkyo hf application) > cck (to get 192/24 out) > USB > sony PHA-2 (dac for DSD AND 24/192) > mini-to-mini > Wagnus Epsilon S?

My question stems from the use of the sony pha-2 in the middle of this. It has an amp itself. So would that even make sense to use in this case?

Dec 17, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #194 of 704
Rudi,

Wagnus brought their tube amp prototype to the recent Mook festival. It wasnt complete so they are running it off as epsilon ->quattro 5->iem.
Mids sounds good but my source wasnt good so I cant give more details.
Just something to look forward to.

His cables are quite unique too.

Dec 17, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #195 of 704
Rudi,

Wagnus brought their tube amp prototype to the recent Mook festival. It wasnt complete so they are running it off as epsilon ->quattro 5->iem.
Mids sounds good but my source wasnt good so I cant give more details.
Just something to look forward to.

His cables are quite unique too.

Thank you tm,chen
Yes I know from Mook report pictures
I have wagnus mini to mini Sputnik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back