Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
Oct 7, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #166 of 704
  I cant believe Masuda san is coming out with a new portable headphone amp so soon after he demoed the 385 in Singapore.
frown.gif

Well, 'cos the 385 isn't new. He's had it at least since Feb '13 this year (covered in my Fujiya report in #16 at the bottom prior to conclusion) and who knows how long before that event.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/653351/2013-fujiya-porta-event-in-nakano-tokyo

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #167 of 704
Oct 7, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #168 of 704
v
I cant believe Masuda san is coming out with a new portable headphone amp so soon after he demoed the 385 in Singapore. :frowning2:

I have heard from my friend as he was at Mook headphone festival , Masuda want release
New amp with less noise for iems .
This is like the answer that many people complain about hiss in his Mass Ko Bo 385.
For me the hiss doesn't disturb me to enjoy the SQ from my Mass Ko Bo 385 :D

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #169 of 704
Hi Rudi,

Manage to receive my Wagnus yesterday and just tested. What you stated earlier is really true. Initially a bit regard paying so much and waiting for it to arrive. But I did a test with my 901 and the wide sound stage and definition separation is indeed very obvious. Yet to test on my iPod 5th gen. I using the hifiman line out cable only. Still believe better if I use my mini to mini but no adapter at this time.

Cheers
LECW

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #171 of 704
Hi Rudi,

Manage to receive my Wagnus yesterday and just tested. What you stated earlier is really true. Initially a bit regard paying so much and waiting for it to arrive. But I did a test with my 901 and the wide sound stage and definition separation is indeed very obvious. Yet to test on my iPod 5th gen. I using the hifiman line out cable only. Still believe better if I use my mini to mini but no adapter at this time.

Cheers
LECW

I am very happy that you like your Wagnus Epsilon S
Of course with your mini to mini SQ better than stock cable
Enjoy your Wagnus

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #172 of 704
Hi LECW,
I'm from Singapore too. I have the RS71A, Govibe Porta Tube among my amps.
Will I still be impressed with the WAGNUS?

What kind of headphone do you plan to pair with Wagnus ?

Wagnus is very good pair with iems , Ciems and low impedance headphone
For high impedance headphone is not so good , because not enough power , SQ always excellent in clarity , detail , very good bass impact , wide soundstage and very good separation.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #173 of 704
What kind of headphone do you plan to pair with Wagnus ?

Wagnus is very good pair with iems , Ciems and low impedance headphone
For high impedance headphone is not so good , because not enough power , SQ always excellent in clarity , detail , very good bass impact , wide soundstage and very good separation.

I have a few IEMs, JH 16, 1plus2... Headphones- HD650.

Does it do well with Mad Dogs? Thinking of getting one

Oct 14, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #175 of 704
  I cant believe Masuda san is coming out with a new portable headphone amp so soon after he demoed the 385 in Singapore.
frown.gif

I would not call it soon, it is a long way away and it is focused on the IEM users. So if you are a headphone user you are better off with 385. Still nothing yet official, he is going to release it as the coming festive (somewhere, I forgot which festival he was talking about).

What I respect about his amp is the built quality. It is built to last, while the parts might not be as fancy but they are configure to bring the best out of them. Also the other good thing is the designer is also the maker. There are few (most likely non) like this one where it is a one man army. Sure I like to see machine made product so perhaps the prices are dropped but than again there is something about having the designer of am amp personally hand craft and carry the quality check on the final product.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #178 of 704
Ignoring hiss will it be on the same level as epsilon S? I asked him whether he did something else inside with his new portable amp he as not responded me yet, see what happens. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #180 of 704
  Ignoring hiss will it be on the same level as epsilon S? I asked him whether he did something else inside with his new portable amp he as not responded me yet, see what happens. 

Wagnus Epsilon S is better than Mass Ko Bo 385 in term of detail and clarity and has wider soundstage  and better bass impact and faster bass speed 
IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back