Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression and appreciation thread
Feb 5, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #212 of 704
How does cypher labs duet compare against wagnus? Which one is better for iems?

Source : iPhone 5s
Dac : Cypher Labs Class Solo Original
Amps : Cypher Labs Duet
Wagnus Epsilon S
Iem : UM Miracle with tralucent gold cable first edition
Headphone : Fostex th 900
Cable : mini to mini diy by Alex
Lightning to USB made in japan.

Hiss : on par very minimal
Power : Duet has more power than Wagnus

High : Wagnus has better clarity , it is slightly more clear and clean
Mid : Wagnus has better pronounce and sweeter and cleaner
Bass : better detail and cleaner bass
Soundstage : Wagnus has wider and Taller
Separation : Wagnus has better separation that we can detect better the individual instrument

Overall : Wagnus has better sq than Duet , these two amps have the same sound signature
Wagnus is better than Duet about 20%
Wagnus can produce individual instrument very clear and clean and better pronounce

For 600 USD Duet is very good amps has more power than Wagnusv
Wagnus about 1000 USD is still my best amp in term of Sound Quality in single ended

IMO

2584b781069035d6ae29f2893260da16_zps7cfd751f.jpg

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #214 of 704
Greetings, peeps!  I am wondering if anyone here has paired up the Epsilon S with a tera player and the TH-900's? I've read that the Epsilon and TH-900's are a great match here, but what about paired with a tera for source?  Just wondering what the synergy is with that combo.  If anyone can chime in, that would be awesomeness!! Thanks.

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:32 AM Post #217 of 704
Thank you for the great info!

Wow, learning new things about AA batteries!  Didn't know there are LiFePO4 batteries in AA sizes!  Neither did I know there are AA-sized "fillers"

The concern about the battery requirement was the reason I went with the Kojo KM-01, which just needs 1 AAA Duracell battery...  I'm sure I'm missing out on the superior Epsilon S sound...

Mar 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #222 of 704
It is a silly question but I still want to ask, would you guys say black cube linear is a better amp than wagnus?

I don't think so
I heard Lehman black cube linear long time a go , SQ is warm sounding amp
Wagnus is very detail and better clarity and wider soundstage

Power could be Lehman black cube has bigger power than Wagnus

Mar 11, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #223 of 704
I don't think so
I heard Lehman black cube linear long time a go , SQ is warm sounding amp
Wagnus is very detail and better clarity and wider soundstage

Power could be Lehman black cube has bigger power than Wagnus

hello mr. rudi, its me rangga from au-id. the wagnus is quite interesting for me, and i wonder if i may audition yours someday, maybe in jaben stc.
because i'm looking for an amp that can match with my ak100 mkii and piano forte ix.
from your explanation about wagnus here, seems the wagnus tend to have a neutral soundsig, cmiiw

Mar 11, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #224 of 704
hello mr. rudi, its me rangga from au-id. the wagnus is quite interesting for me, and i wonder if i may audition yours someday, maybe in jaben stc.
because i'm looking for an amp that can match with my ak100 mkii and piano forte ix.
from your explanation about wagnus here, seems the wagnus tend to have a neutral soundsig, cmiiw

Pm send

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #225 of 704
My ask 120 Titan mid pair with Wagnus Epsilon S

Source : AK 120 Titan Mod
Amp : Wagnus Epsilon S
Headphone : Fostex TH 900
Cable : mini to mini Crystal Clear Dreamline 3 wire viablue mini plug

High : very silky and clear sounding high
Mid : very sweet and clear
Bass : very good bass impact and bass detail
Separation : very good music separation , that we can detect the music placement in the correct position
Soundstage : the widest soundstage in portable amp

IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back