Portable cans that won't make me miss my k701 or Tf10?
Apr 30, 2012 at 1:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

sofastreamer

Headphoneus Supremus
hi,
i love my remolded tf10 and akg k701 because of the following:

-very dry and fast bass, that has just the right amount of quantity
- quite analytical presentation
- astonoshing instrument separation with pin point imaging
- lot of air between the instruments
- spacious 3d alike soundstage
- sparkeling but smooth highs
- amount of details

i listen to 50% classical orchstra and 50% ambient/ electronica.

right know i am searching for a pair of small closed portable cans, that would match most of the points above, because when i am outside, i find the tf10 uncomfortable to handle. is there any set i could give a try up to 200$ price point?

May 3, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 17
The HD25's are somewhat similar to the TF10's. Nothing that I've tried really comes to me that's similar to the K701 aside from the Ultimate Ears UERM (I find them better than the K701); however, that's a custom IEM and expensive. 

May 3, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #5 of 17
Seems like a spacious soundstage would be hard to find in a pair of small closed headphones.

Have you looked at the KRK KNS-8400? Not sure how small a pair you need - they are larger than the HD-25s, but I feel like they would satisfy most of your criteria, perhaps with the exception of soundstage.

edit: Should add that I do actually own a pair and am not basing what I said on hearsay.

May 3, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 17
How about DT1350? Beside 'specious 3D soundstage', I reckon it has pretty much everything you ask for. Actually the soundstage isn't that bad for a closed can, but certainly not a match for open cans.

[edit] oh wait, it is over your price range...

May 3, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #8 of 17
ok, they arrieved. sondwise they are near my aimpoint, perhaps a little bit too mid centric. but main problem is they are too bulky looking. not far from my srh940s with the headband standing 4 inches away from the sides of my head. so they will leave me again. what else can you suggest?

May 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #11 of 17
They're pretty big for portable use

Users who are viewing this thread

Back