Portable cans similar to klipsch custom 3(in sq, not the cable, please not the cable!)
May 27, 2011 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fin1211

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys
Might come up on some extra change in a couple of weeks, and was considering getting some portable cans. First off, let me tell you that I am planning on building a high performance amb mini3(gain of 2). I was considering sennheiser hd-25-1 ii's, but i love the sound of my kc3's(and i know that a lot of other people do too)and was wondering if i should consider any other cans. under $200. similar personality as kc3's. Thanks
Fin Elliott

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #7 of 8
The Klipsch Image ONE has same soundsignature as Custom 3 with wide soundstage, great bass response and it's isolate outside noise.

Jun 4, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
The Klipsch Image ONE has same soundsignature as Custom 3 with wide soundstage, great bass response and it's isolate outside noise.

Quote:
btw the P5 springs to mind but its a bit over your budget

I tried both at the apple store, and though I know its not the perfect listening environment, I found both to be somewhat dissimilar to the C3. I found the P5 to be too warm for my taste, but it definitely has a refined sound. The image one i found to be slightly less warm, but i found the sound to be more bass oriented. Both of them i found to have less controlled bass. I was thinking the hd-25-1 ii, but i havent listened to it/have no idea where to listen to it. any other suggestions extremely appreciated.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back