Portable amp for AKG 701 Quincy Adams:
Jun 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bwong247

Head-Fier
I know that they are meant for home use and stuff but i want a amp thats under 200usd? that can power them at ALMOST full potential :p give me a list?

Im still new audiophile and im sure that the AKG + a portable amp will sound better then my current monster copper turbines or miles davis.

Thanks alot im new to this site.

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #5 of 12
To actually answer your question, you can try the JDSLabs O2. IIRC, it was designed to be able to drive full sized cans. I've never tried it myself though, but it's in your price range and might actually get the job done. :)

Jun 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 12
Advice for a newbie. Do some research before you post. This site is packed with information and the updated search engine is very good, but patience is your friend. Most of your questions are answered many time over if you just search 'q701 amp'. There's also a AKG Q701 appreciation thread that will tell you everything you need to know about enjoying your 'Quincy Jones' headphones.

Welcome to head-fi.

Jun 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 12
Mang holy shoot LOL IDK WHAT I WROTE EARLIER hahahaha sorry i guess i was bit too drunk well anyways i read up on some old post and i concluded that most people would push for fiio e11 or 17?

also ill look into the JDSLabs O2. IIRC Thanks if anyone else have there opinion about what i should get???????

Jun 13, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #8 of 12
Matrix M-Stage has been suggested and reviewed by many as a good pairing with them.

Jun 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:
Quote:
Matrix M-Stage has been suggested and reviewed by many as a good pairing with them.

Not really good on the portable side -_-

Just lug your stuff in a carry-on luggage :)  No experience with the JDS Labs c421, but from what I read it has plenty juice.  I'm ordering one to upgrade from the FiiO E11.  Also I have a M-Stage on its way for the desk.

Jun 14, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:
Quincy Adams has his own headphones now too?!? Who knew AKG would honor the 6th President of the United States. =P

Co-produced with the History Channel ("Where the truth is history") ? I've always wanted to have a German-brand closed-back headphone, in a Karl Donitz Special Edition - just to match a U-Boat timepiece.

Quote:
Mang holy shoot LOL IDK WHAT I WROTE EARLIER hahahaha sorry i guess i was bit too drunk well anyways i read up on some old post and i concluded that most people would push for fiio e11 or 17?

also ill look into the JDSLabs O2. IIRC Thanks if anyone else have there opinion about what i should get???????

I think I saw a few posts about the Ibasso D6 and D12 doing great with the K550; maybe somebody's tried them with the Q701.

Jun 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not really good on the portable side -_-

Just lug your stuff in a carry-on luggage :)  No experience with the JDS Labs c421, but from what I read it has plenty juice.  I'm ordering one to upgrade from the FiiO E11.  Also I have a M-Stage on its way for the desk.

I've owned the JDS Labs c421 and it was able to drive my 300ohm Sennheiser HD650's pretty well, so it might be able to drive the Q701s... although the HD650's aren't really that hard to drive... While I've owned the K701, I never owned both the K701 and c421 at the same time.. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back