Portable Amp/DAC Recommendation for HD650's
Mar 23, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #16 of 23
Just wanted to thank everyone for their help and feedback. You guys treat new comers very very warmly 
atsmile.gif

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #20 of 23
You will love the D6 its an awesome Amp/DAC thats what I run with my 650's you may want to mess with other opamps to change the sound, thats the beauty. Some people like a warm sound others like a more analytical sound. Out of the box the D6 sounds good but will benefit from the Topflight kit if you want a tube sound then get some AD797's. Have fun!

Mar 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #21 of 23
D6 came in today!!!! Like is so far, definitely a step up from no amp at all. You have my interest with these omamp suggestions, where can I find more information about these things? 

Mar 28, 2011 at 8:42 PM Post #22 of 23
To start contact topflight he has a opamp kit that you can buy that comes with different opamps for you to try... If you want something like the 797's its a bit tougher to get you can look on ebay or contact me I have two extras that I can sell. Just enjoy your amp if you get into opamp rolling its very addictive, search the boards for opamps and read up on some suggestions

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #23 of 23
I second the opamp rolling gets addictive, I don't do it any longer. To the OP it was your choice to get the D6, and IMO, it's a cleaner sound than the e7/9 combo by a fair margin.......Enjoy!!!

Quote:
To start contact topflight he has a opamp kit that you can buy that comes with different opamps for you to try... If you want something like the 797's its a bit tougher to get you can look on ebay or contact me I have two extras that I can sell. Just enjoy your amp if you get into opamp rolling its very addictive, search the boards for opamps and read up on some suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back